Console

WiedeWiede Join Date: 2010-07-26 Member: 72933Members
i don't get it...

I can't open my console - testet all keys :X

Also can't find an options.xml too, think that was part of the pre alpha...

So, how to open console / bind a key to open it?

Comments

• CerebralCerebral Join Date: 2003-06-25 Member: 17689Members
    It's the tilde (~) key. If you have a non-American keyboard layout, there is some configuration file you need to modify to bind it to the right button. Someone here will know it better than me.
  • japijapi Join Date: 2008-01-27 Member: 63507Members, Constellation
    You can navigate to options.xml by opening a command prompt and entering "explorer %appdata%\Natural Selection 2".
    This command should work under any Windows Version.

Default Key is ~ or ^, depending on your keyboard layout it may be something else.

Hope i can help :-)
  • WiedeWiede Join Date: 2010-07-26 Member: 72933Members
    edited July 2010
    thnx for your fast replies!

but ^ and ~ doesn't work for me :(

will test it now with the options.xml, thnx for your help :D

edit: thnx a lot, worked for me :)
  • FehaFeha Join Date: 2006-11-16 Member: 58633Members
    Thats odd, it worked for me without any special work having to be done, and it still works for me.

I use the default console button for basiclly any game that doesnt require you to type -console in the shortcut.

§
  • MoleculeMolecule Join Date: 2006-10-26 Member: 58094Members
    On the topic of the console....

Please can we have the ability to paste into the console, also being able to use the numpad keys in console would be great too.
  • NumerikNumerik NS2 Super-coder Join Date: 2009-10-01 Member: 68916Members, Retired Developer, NS2 Developer
    As of the latest build (150), there should be a specific key binding option for "Toggle Console" along with the other key bindings in the UI. Just make sure you choose a key that isn't processed by the console itself (such as letters/numbers) ;p
  • Dalin SeivewrightDalin Seivewright 0x0000221E Join Date: 2007-10-20 Member: 62685Members, Constellation
    <!--quoteo(post=1789589:date=Jul 30 2010, 12:51 PM:name=Molecule)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Molecule @ Jul 30 2010, 12:51 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1789589"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->On the topic of the console....

Please can we have the ability to paste into the console, also being able to use the numpad keys in console would be great too.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

This.
  • aeroripperaeroripper Join Date: 2005-02-25 Member: 42471NS1 Playtester, Forum Moderators, Constellation
    <!--quoteo--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE </div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->On the topic of the console....

Please can we have the ability to paste into the console, also being able to use the numpad keys in console would be great too.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

+1