Particles! Particles! Particles!

ThaldarinThaldarin Alonzi! Join Date: 2003-07-15 Member: 18173Members, Constellation
<div class="IPBDescription">Anyone lend a hand to this problem?</div>So I went in to the cinematic editor, stole a smoke and edited it accordingly.

All is fine except, loaded in game the particles run the 300 frames then no longer work. Cinematic editor & Spark set to loop. Safe to assume currently broke or could there be something I'm doing wrong? Below is a small cut out segment with the edited cinematic file too.

Drop the level in \maps
Drop the cinematic in \ns2\cinematics\environment

Zip file : <a href="http://www.clorf.com/downloads/gracesmoketest.zip" target="_blank">http://www.clorf.com/downloads/gracesmoketest.zip</a>

Comments

• Lemming JesusLemming Jesus Join Date: 2010-04-13 Member: 71385Members
    I didn't know particles are now supported in the editor.
  • SgtBarlowSgtBarlow Level Designer Join Date: 2003-11-13 Member: 22749Members, NS2 Developer
    Mine worked in engine test but dont work in Alpha..
  • ThaldarinThaldarin Alonzi&#33; Join Date: 2003-07-15 Member: 18173Members, Constellation
    Completely fail or part work? What's the experience like and what particles are you incorporating Sarge?
  • LazerLazer Join Date: 2003-03-11 Member: 14406Members, Contributor, Constellation, NS2 Playtester
    I just tried to do this (for my first time) and I can get it to loop fine but my problem is that when the loop starts over any particles emitted from the previous loop instantly vanish and the whole thing starts over. Just looks odd. Also in the editor when set to loop it continues past the max frame of the loop. This is inaccurate as to how it actually behaves in the game too.
  • SgtBarlowSgtBarlow Level Designer Join Date: 2003-11-13 Member: 22749Members, NS2 Developer
    edited July 2010
    Compleate Fail

<u>Cinematic</u>
    Visible: True
    Emitter Lifespan: 0.1
    Behaviour: Loop
    Rate: 1

<u>Entity Particles:</u>
    Repeat Style: Endless
    Turns off when player leaves: False
    Starts on: True
  • ThaldarinThaldarin Alonzi&#33; Join Date: 2003-07-15 Member: 18173Members, Constellation
    Do you still have the standalone SDK installed Barlow? I'm going to look at getting that put back on my system late on tonight and do a few tests, busy day restricts me :/
    I dont :/, I wish I had the one Pre-Steam then I could have carried on with my map during the performance isssue that had arised just after the Steam Version. I lost a good couole of months free time there that I dont have any more :(

In the Engine test also i Tried a cinematic with more than one emission point and the game did not like that at all.
    edited August 2010
    I got them working, I went back to trying the Cinematics Entity that didnt work before, works like a dream now plus multipoint emissions work fine.
    Particles one just chucks a LUA error.

So Life time < 1, looping. When you place the Cinematic Entity, Select Endless.