Still can't connect to any server

kl0wnkl0wn Join Date: 2005-03-09 Member: 44547Members
Is there a solution to this yet? I've tried search but there are so many threads without any solutions in them...

Comments

• Paul-HewsonPaul-Hewson Join Date: 2008-02-25 Member: 63737Members, Constellation, Reinforced - Shadow
    edited July 2010
    Try multiple servers. The only problem is you can't get back to main menu (or you have to find the command to write in NS console).

Better way is to connect, if "attempting connexion" stay for 5 seconds -> alt+f4 -> 2 times "enter key" to reload NS2 (which is hopefully very quick!) and try others servers until you get "authenticating" which will take some times (connecting & loading map).
  • MahmuttiMahmutti Join Date: 2010-05-25 Member: 71854Members
    Try the servers with like 5 people on them. If the "attempting connection" message stays for over 10 seconds or so, open your console and type "connect 5" (doesn't have to be 5 necessarily), that should take you back to the main menu. Then you can try another server.
  • Random^Random^ Join Date: 2010-07-16 Member: 72452Members
    as said, try a server with a low amount of players, with the connection problem it seems the servers with high players just seems unjoinable/bad.
  • PepeNZPepeNZ Join Date: 2009-05-26 Member: 67485Members
    Im hoping its more a situation where they haven't implemented a "server is full" message..
    That would mean that a fix for it should be arriving shortly.
    Requesting immediate fixes to problems in this forum is not going to produce instant results tho
    Hopefully everyone thats complaining about things like this are ALSO giving UW the vital feedback they need to make our game better :)
  • MaximumSquidMaximumSquid Join Date: 2010-07-20 Member: 72593Members
    I've successfully made a local server, but I still haven't connected to one yet. . .

Is there a chance I don't have the latest version of NS:2?

My steam properties says that the disk usage is 1505 MB and the actual folder under /steamapps/ is 2.14 GB

I'll try the suggestions, but for sanity sake could someone double check my sizes?
  • Dickbeard the PirateDickbeard the Pirate Join Date: 2010-07-27 Member: 73082Awaiting Authorization
    I've been getting the "attempting connection" message on servers I know for a fact are not full, there are two 16 slot servers (says so in the name) that only have 10 people in them and I can't seem to connect

I'm stumped