Issues connecting to servers

GanJaBFDGanJaBFD Join Date: 2010-07-26 Member: 73031Members
I could be completely wrong here but it would seem the only servers I can get connected to are either passworded or listen servers. I have yet to be able to connect to any server that hasn't lagged like a listen server or just sat at a black screen or gave me a password incorrect error.

Comments

• IronFistIronFist Join Date: 2006-12-01 Member: 58805Members
    edited July 2010
    There seems to be at least one issue where the client will flood a server with data if it is full. So, as soon as a server hits its max players, it shows up at the top of the list by player count and gets hammered until it's unplayable or dead.

Another issue is some servers simply do not respond at all, even though they show up in the server list (I assume the client queries them directly... didn't bother to check yet).

Keep trying the low-population servers and you'll eventually get in one. Unfortunately, it will start to fill up and you'll lag shortly after.

Probably best to just play with friends in a passworded server for now.
  • Silver_FoxSilver_Fox Spammer Join Date: 2002-01-24 Member: 34Members, NS1 Playtester, Contributor
    Welcome to Alpha testing.

It'll get better, eventually.
  • HGNCabooseHGNCaboose Join Date: 2010-07-26 Member: 72879Members
    God, i've tryed to connect to at least a dozen servers so far and none have worked at all!!!
  • douchebagatrondouchebagatron Custom member title Join Date: 2003-12-20 Member: 24581Members, Constellation, Reinforced - Shadow
    it seems that there are some glitches in the way the netcode was implemented, causing the server to share much more information than necessary. This causes people to lag out, and due to the fact that servers don't reject connects, even when full, it becomes a problem when the server immediately fills up then gets incredibly laggy from the hundreds of connections