Alien Evolution and Marine Technology

124»

Comments

• sparkzbarcasparkzbarca Join Date: 2010-09-09 Member: 73949Members
    <!--quoteo(post=1782947:date=Jul 25 2010, 06:23 PM:name=kira`)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (kira` @ Jul 25 2010, 06:23 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1782947"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec--><b>Alien Evolutionary problems</b>

Let's start with the <a href="http://www.naturalselection2.com/storage/kharaa_gorge_render.jpg" target="_blank">Gorge</a>. The gorge has become more armored than before, yes I understand that despite it not being a fighter class. But I think that the people in charge of this didn't take into account where the aliens were getting hit and why they needed armor there. I don't know about you but I've shot my fair share of running gorges in the back more than I have shot a gorge in the face. Sure it makes evolutionary sense to protect the brain since it is the most vital. But little flakes on the <b>front</b> side of the hind legs makes little sense. If the gorge's sides and back had grown more armor I would have fully agreed.

Now onto the <a href="http://www.naturalselection2.com/storage/kharaa_skulk_render.jpg" target="_blank">Skulk</a>. The skulk has grown armor along the spine, face and front legs. I don't know about shooting skulks in the legs but once again I'm quite certain the side of the skulks took much more fire than the front legs. Either by marines in a squad protecting their team or just getting shot while crossing a doorway. Also, the skulk seems to have grown in <a href="http://www.naturalselection2.com/storage/squad.jpg" target="_blank">size</a>. Judging from the screenshot a skulk might as well be a thirteen year old mutated child.

Now for the <a href="http://pcmedia.ign.com/pc/image/article/100/1001060/natural-selection-2-20090702045844657-000.jpg" target="_blank">Onos</a>. The onos has full armor on the front side of the body. But once again how many times have the marines been unloading into it's retreating behind or shooting at it's sides and back while in a large room. The onos really seems to be inviting marines to just shoot it in its big, soft meaty body.

Either evolution has failed the aliens or their bodies have evolved to need lead to live.

Point of this? Most of the NS2 stuff makes no sense. Please make it make sense.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

fluff for you again, honestly i'm too kind.

basically a quick an easy explanation is the ones which got shot didn't live and by dying the kind of screwed there chances of passing on there genes.

almost all aliens commit and then they either kill everything or die. not alot of room for running in a room hitting someone once and running out. the onos has the health to kind of do it but its too slow really mostly it'll get followed and killed.

for most aliens the way you win is by surviving the charge and making it too them so armor on the front means your more likely to make it in to kill.

if i'm going straight at you the only things you see are the front legs face and spine, ta da.

lastly I LOVE sci-fi games precisely because of this, see a modern shooter has to have a rocket launcher, even though there really powerful and honestly wouldnt it be better if you could balance it by having a gun that shoots a depleted uranium rod, but you can't really if your making battlefield 2, during battlefield 2142 they made anti-vehicle sniper rifles, with zero accuracy unscoped so you pretty much used them for anti-vehicle and were way less powerful against inf than normal RL's, they could do that because its SCI-FI the future games and fantasy games are appealing to me because designers can create a great game first, then fluff in LIKE I JUST DID why it is the way it is.
  • LUSITANERLUSITANER Join Date: 2010-09-19 Member: 74086Members
    enough said sparkzbarca, ur words are the same as mines ^^.

I dont really care about wepon models, the more powerful and techno they look better.

What i really care and doubt if in the future marines will be using just bullet firing wepons.. i think we would be using bio, energy and chemical weapons. i THINK ns2 needs at least one.
  • HarimauHarimau Join Date: 2007-12-24 Member: 63250Members
    Sure, but what about the amount of space it takes on the screen?