Canceling alien upgrades

yourbonesakinyourbonesakin Join Date: 2005-08-06 Member: 57682Members
If aliens still gestate to gain upgrades, I want the option to cancel an upgrade. I hate spending 10 minutes worth of resources and then getting the wrong upgrade for my lifeform.

I realize that the AComm will be handling the resources for aliens and thus loss of resources doesn't suck as badly. However, getting the wrong upgrade permanently would still suck.

<b>The hard details:</b>
Aliens can undo any upgrade purchase they've made 10 seconds after an upgrade is acquired.

Comments

• Renegade.Renegade. Join Date: 2003-01-15 Member: 12313Members, Constellation
    I'd go even one further than that... <a href="http://www.unknownworlds.com/ns2/forums/index.php?showtopic=109923&view=findpost&p=1776562" target="_blank">hot-swappable upgrades</a>
  • Racer1Racer1 Join Date: 2002-11-22 Member: 9615Members
    I concur. You should be able to cancel any gestation when either upgrading or evolving.

However, if you cancel, it should take some time to get out of gestation. That way, you can't instantly cancel gestation just because a marine happens to round the corner right after you egg. (You should still be required to find a quiet spot before egging).
  • StarClawsStarClaws Join Date: 2002-11-26 Member: 9974Members
    edited July 2010
    Cancel morphing :) I go gorge from fade sometimes hahaha