Steam Summer Sale

puzlpuzl The Old Firm Join Date: 2003-02-26 Member: 14029Retired Developer, NS1 Playtester, Forum Moderators, Constellation
edited June 2010 in Off-Topic
<div class="IPBDescription">From today until 4th July</div>Same as last time around, lots of discounts on titles and packs.

I picked up:

Trine for $4
<a href="http://store.steampowered.com/sub/2464" target="_blank">The Overlord Pack</a> for $4.50

I'm tempted to get the 2K complete pack for $79.99, but I know I won't get around to it.

and now steam is crawling... slowly... in pain from overload as the hordes of geeks empty their wallets into valves bulging pockets :D:D:D

Comments

• puzlpuzl The Old Firm Join Date: 2003-02-26 Member: 14029Retired Developer, NS1 Playtester, Forum Moderators, Constellation
    edited June 2010
    eeek.. <a href="http://store.steampowered.com/sub/4603/" target="_blank">Introversion complete pack</a> for €5
  • AlignAlign Remain Calm Join Date: 2002-11-02 Member: 5216Forum Moderators, Constellation
    Now if only I had any money...
  • Chris0132Chris0132 Join Date: 2009-07-25 Member: 68262Members
    THQ complete is good but I own most of it already.

Got the tropico 3 addon for 1/3rd price though, that was good.
  • DiscoZombieDiscoZombie Join Date: 2003-08-05 Member: 18951Members
    I... I don't know how to handle all these bargains... how do I choose??
  • puzlpuzl The Old Firm Join Date: 2003-02-26 Member: 14029Retired Developer, NS1 Playtester, Forum Moderators, Constellation
    Based on previous sales.. either buy a pack or choose a few bargains from the daily specials. Every day there'll be 5-8 dailies so I'd think twice about buying an individual game until the end of the sale in case it shows up as a daily.

But.. don't worry about missing out on stuff.. there'll be another sale for new years and again next summer ;)
  • Dalin SeivewrightDalin Seivewright 0x0000221E Join Date: 2007-10-20 Member: 62685Members, Constellation
    I purchased the Unreal pack. The only game I didn't own was UT3 but I figured it would be better to get them now in case I lose my old disks. Unfortunately, so far I've noticed gliches for Unreal (effects disable themselves if you get close to them and look at them a certain way, as well as translucent textures get all glitchy when you get near them... and then there were those crashes...) and I expect the same to occur for UT1. Unreal 2 has an issue with the directory name. It is installed as "unreal ii the awakening" in the steamapp\common folder and a message about Unreal II not working with spaces in filenames comes up when using the Editor. The messages stack too, so if I don't click "ok" the keep popping up and spamming the screen. Its like non-malware pop-up ads! (I think it can be fixed by simply changing the name of the folder, right?)

At any rate, I'm pleased with my purchase. I just hope my attention span and patience is enough to finish Unreal 1 (which also comes with Return to Na Pali, in case you were wondering). I'm also wondering of something like JCoop will work still. That mod was delightfully awesome.
  • JazzXJazzX cl_labelmaps ∞ Join Date: 2002-11-19 Member: 9285Members, Retired Developer, NS1 Playtester
    I was doing so well with this month's budget too...

I was actually just going through my games list realizing that I still haven't played, or even installed, a couple of games I bought during the Holiday sale in December...
  • RetalesRetales Panigg cultist Join Date: 2003-08-07 Member: 19180Members
    <!--quoteo(post=1776056:date=Jun 24 2010, 11:58 PM:name=puzl)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (puzl @ Jun 24 2010, 11:58 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1776056"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->eeek.. <a href="http://store.steampowered.com/sub/4603/" target="_blank">Introversion complete pack</a> for €5<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->
    I bought this :T
  • Dante2500Dante2500 Join Date: 2009-10-17 Member: 69071Members
    Just got GW Nightfall and Cryostasis for £11

Happy:D
  • ThansalThansal The New Scum Join Date: 2002-08-22 Member: 1215Members, Constellation
    heat is baking my brain.

I just went to check today's deals and took far to long to realize there are 10 mins left, not 10 hours.

Any way, I picked up BS2 for under $20, that should do me for a while.
  • MonkfishMonkfish Sonic-boom-inducing buttcheeks of terrifying speed&#33; Join Date: 2003-06-03 Member: 16972Members
    I only had £5 but the Witcher super duper enhanced directors cut edition was a bargain.
  • TychoCelchuuuTychoCelchuuu Anememone Join Date: 2002-03-23 Member: 345Members
    Men of War for less than $4! Vin Diesel's game for $6! Ghostbusters is $4! Lead and Gold is $5! Etc! Way too much stuff. It's a sale overload!
  • sherpasherpa stopcommandermode Join Date: 2006-11-04 Member: 58338Members
    Alpha Protocol for £16 is a done deal. Contemplating Resi Evil 5 but not sure- doubt I'd get round to it.
  • TalesinTalesin Our own little well of hate Join Date: 2002-11-08 Member: 7710NS1 Playtester, Forum Moderators
    If only they included the sub-games in the pack at a discounted individual rate... maybe not as much as the main. Mostly annoyed as I've bought Darwinia three times now; once as a preorder, once on Steam (hooray for sales), and again on Steam with Multiwinia... which erased my original Steam copy's license instead of turning it giftable as it should have. Still have my copy of Uplink from back in the day, complete with the black-on-black copy protection, and the preorder bonus mini-cd. Such a pain to dig it out though...

That said, dropped about $40 on a number of games I've been waiting to go on sale, including Beat Hazard and Eufloria. :D
  • Chris0132Chris0132 Join Date: 2009-07-25 Member: 68262Members
    Whee force unleashed for £5

Boo 25 million jiggabytes in size, bad for my ISP, get nasty letters.
  • Dante2500Dante2500 Join Date: 2009-10-17 Member: 69071Members
    Was planning on buying a new GFX card, but I am spending loads of money on Steam Deals. Q_Q too many good deals to resist.

Want the Daily's to change now so I can see if there's anything good :/
  • JazzXJazzX cl_labelmaps ∞ Join Date: 2002-11-19 Member: 9285Members, Retired Developer, NS1 Playtester
    Trine is back to <a href="http://store.steampowered.com/app/35700/" target="_blank">4USD today</a> and I strongly recommend it.

I got it in the sale earlier this week after seeing the trailer. Beautiful 2.5D graphics, 3 really varied characters to play with, and great platforming and puzzle-solving gameplay.
    +1 for trine, played it at a mates house, loved it. Bought it myself in the sale just to have it.