Some questions about the SE

GeneralBowserGeneralBowser Join Date: 2010-05-19 Member: 71801Members
Hey,

Being an old fan of NS 1, I'm def going to buy NS2 but still doubting about what version to purchase. So a couple of questions:
- How long do you think Alphatesting will last?
- Do you HAVE to use the black marine? I can see myself standing in a pack of 4 blue marines & me, guess who the aliens will go for :p? So will there be an on & off button for it.

Comments

• WarLoverWarLover Join Date: 2009-11-05 Member: 69276Members
    -I'd guess a few months
    -There has to be a toggle button.
    (Blue marines?)
  • GeneralBowserGeneralBowser Join Date: 2010-05-19 Member: 71801Members
    Eh well in NS1 they are blue so I just figured... :)
  • pSyk0mAnpSyk0mAn Nerdish by Nature Germany Join Date: 2003-08-07 Member: 19166Members, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Silver, NS2 Community Developer
    If you have a couple of bugs to spare and like to repay for the free ns1 fun, you should definitely get the special edition.
    If there really are going to be "balance issues" with black armor they'll probably change it so you can turn it off or something.
    Considering the current pace of development or better said updates ( you can't really judge developement from the outside) the alpha phase will probably last long. At least long enough to satisfy those who paid more ;)
  • SgtBarlowSgtBarlow Level Designer Join Date: 2003-11-13 Member: 22749Members, NS2 Developer
    Marines in NS1 are Green lol
  • spellman23spellman23 NS1 Theorycraft Expert Join Date: 2007-05-17 Member: 60920Members
    Alpha testing hasn't officially even started yet. At the current rate, I'd guess at least a month of Alpha testing to work stuff out, probably 2-3 if cash permits.

The logical thing would have a toggle system for turning on/off the Black Armor. And I have faith that our devs are smart like that.
  • xposed-xposed- Join Date: 2007-09-23 Member: 62412Members, Constellation
    NS2 is ultra moddable, so you could replace the marine model with rainbow unicorns if you wanted.

You wouldn't be able to join pure servers though ( pure = forces clients to be non-modded ).
  • GeneralBowserGeneralBowser Join Date: 2010-05-19 Member: 71801Members
    <!--quoteo(post=1771750:date=May 20 2010, 07:21 PM:name=SgtBarlow)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (SgtBarlow @ May 20 2010, 07:21 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1771750"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->Marines in NS1 are Green lol<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->
    Its been a while, so mayb a mix of blue & green? Well doesn't matter.

Ill consider buying the SE, but Ill wait until the devs announce a date when Alfa will start.
  • WarLoverWarLover Join Date: 2009-11-05 Member: 69276Members
    I think given the high % of SE buyers the alpha wont actually be an alpha, but more like a beta (in terms of how far along it is).
    And with that we wait longer.
    Also if SE is for special edition whats short for standard edition?