prop spawnicons

FehaFeha Join Date: 2006-11-16 Member: 58633Members
<div class="IPBDescription">How to make them show an actual image?</div>When I map I need to spawn every prop to see how it looks like because the spawnicons all show the same image, a blue "recycle" symbo (2 arrows forming a circle) on a white background.

So I wonder, how do I make them show the actual image like I seen some other people have?

Comments

• AfromanaAfromana Join Date: 2009-07-21 Member: 68217Members
    Odd, my map editor loads all the icons automaticly without any problem.
    Try reinstalling the editor, that might help.
  • FehaFeha Join Date: 2006-11-16 Member: 58633Members
    I already reinstalled ns2 stuff once (the whole folder with engine, launchpad and all). Not because of this, but it didnt matter anyway.

I also realised the same problem exist for the material thing. All the icons (spawnicons/thumbnails/previews/icons/images/thingies) got the blue recycle symbol on a white background.
  • MendaspMendasp I touch maps in inappropriate places Valencia, Spain Join Date: 2002-07-05 Member: 884Members, NS1 Playtester, Contributor, Constellation, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Gold, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Shadow, Retired Community Developer
    Try running the editor as an administrator, also, not from the launchpad, but directly from Editor.exe.
    edited April 2010
    I am the administrator XD.

But I will try to not run from the launchpad, be back and tell you how it went in a min.

EDIT:
    Did not help.
  • MendaspMendasp I touch maps in inappropriate places Valencia, Spain Join Date: 2002-07-05 Member: 884Members, NS1 Playtester, Contributor, Constellation, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Gold, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Shadow, Retired Community Developer
    When I said "run it as an administrator", it was because in Windows Vista/7 some programs require elevated privileges (there's an option for that when you right click the exe). I don't know what OS you're running.
  • uffouffo Join Date: 2003-05-03 Member: 16026Members
    since I'm so rad I'm gonna give you the model pictures I have. they're still not perfect, but see if it helps.
    editor should do these thumbnails automatically, so you could report this as a bug.

<a href="http://uffo.wanha.org/maps/ns2/cache.zip" target="_blank">Download</a>
    uncompress them to <!--coloro:#FFFF00--><span style="color:#FFFF00"><!--/coloro-->C:\Users\[user]\AppData\Roaming\Natural Selection 2\Editor\cache<!--colorc--></span><!--/colorc-->
    edited April 2010
    Thnx, I noticed I do not have the cache folder in there, so hopefully this will fix it.
    Any idea what caused it tho?

Will return in a minute to say if it worked or not.

EDIT:
    Did not seem to work. Could the problem be that I install all my stuff in E: (the appdata stuff still was in C: tho (except not the cache folder))?
  • taledentaleden Join Date: 2003-04-06 Member: 15252Members, Constellation
    <!--quoteo(post=1768863:date=Apr 27 2010, 02:12 PM:name=Feha)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Feha @ Apr 27 2010, 02:12 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1768863"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->Thnx, I noticed I do not have the cache folder in there, so hopefully this will fix it.
    Any idea what caused it tho?

Will return in a minute to say if it worked or not.

EDIT:
    Did not seem to work. Could the problem be that I install all my stuff in E: (the appdata stuff still was in C: tho (except not the cache folder))?<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

It's definitely worth a try to reinstall in the default place (C:\Program Files\Natural Selection 2). Mine actually wouldn't run at all when I installed it somewhere else, it just crashed every time.
    But I dont want it in C:
    C: is bad for me.
    Its tiny.
    Its bad.
    Its only 20 Gig left
    E: got 150.
  • Tin_Foil_HelmetTin_Foil_Helmet Join Date: 2005-06-20 Member: 54276Members
    I have the same thing happening actually... Thought it was just something that has not been put in or what ever.. But ya about more then half of my preview images are just white backgrounds.... I don't even get the blue arrows circling or anything...just a white background.... So EVERY thing has to be added to the level then deleted then added then deleted...just to view models.....OR loaded and unloaded in the Model Viewer.....makes working with the props VERY tedious....

Havn't tried re-installing yet... Will have to give it a try latter on... but know...u are not alone!! :-P
  • uffouffo Join Date: 2003-05-03 Member: 16026Members
    <!--quoteo(post=1768881:date=Apr 28 2010, 12:12 AM:name=Tin_Foil_Helmet)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Tin_Foil_Helmet @ Apr 28 2010, 12:12 AM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1768881"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->But ya about more then half of my preview images are just white backgrounds.... I don't even get the blue arrows circling or anything...just a white background....<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

This isn't the same problem. Your editor creates the thumbnails but they're just in angle that makes it appear like there's nothing.
    You can fix this by deleting the generated white thumbnails in the appdata/cache folder and the editor tries to create new thumbnails hopefully
    with better luck this time. It can be really tedious to get them all showing up correctly.
    as uffo said, you dont have the same problem.

I figured that maybe I should retry the cache thing, except with both lowercase and highercase letters (maybe its case sensitive?).
    I got school now, but when I come home I will try.
    Heh forgott to do this until now, but no, trying both "Cache" and "CACHE" did not matter (had already tried "cache", and I tried it again just to be sure).

So noone got an idea of what might be the actuall problem?
  • Lemming JesusLemming Jesus Join Date: 2010-04-13 Member: 71385Members
    <!--quoteo(post=1768875:date=Apr 27 2010, 03:06 PM:name=Feha)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Feha @ Apr 27 2010, 03:06 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1768875"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->But I dont want it in C:
    C: is bad for me.
    Its tiny.
    Its bad.
    Its only 20 Gig left
    E: got 150.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

I know what you mean. I did the same thing for a while. Eventually I gave up and reformatted everything into one big C for all the programs that are too lazy to realize computers have multiple hard drives these days.