How to upgrade your Standard NS2 purchase to the Special Edition!

SlycasterSlycaster Limited Edition Join Date: 2002-01-24 Member: 24Members, NS1 Playtester
edited June 2010 in NS2 General Discussion
<div class="IPBDescription">Came across an extra 20 bucks? Here's how to make great use of it</div><!--sizeo:4--><span style="font-size:14pt;line-height:100%"><!--/sizeo--><!--coloro:#FF0000--><span style="color:#FF0000"><!--/coloro-->**Until further notice, upgrades have been stopped due to the switch to steam**<!--colorc--></span><!--/colorc--><!--sizec--></span><!--/sizec-->

This question is asked quite frequently and I wanted to share with everyone how you can properly upgrade your <b><!--coloro:#FFFF00--><span style="color:#FFFF00"><!--/coloro-->Standard Edition <!--colorc--></span><!--/colorc--></b>to the UWE-supporting and alpha-getting <!--coloro:#FF8C00--><span style="color:#FF8C00"><!--/coloro--><b>Special Edition</b>!<!--colorc--></span><!--/colorc-->

<u><b>HOW:</b></u>

It's simple, e-mail <a href="mailto:store@unknownworlds.com">store@unknownworlds.com</a> with your purchase information (Full name, NS2 Key, e-mail address used for the purchase, paypal transaction ID, etc) and tell them you would like to upgrade your account to the special edition. They'll e-mail you back with further steps!

<u><b>WHY:</b></u>

<!--coloro:#FF8C00--><span style="color:#FF8C00"><!--/coloro--><i>Black Marine Armor</i><!--colorc--></span><!--/colorc-->
<!--coloro:#FF8C00--><span style="color:#FF8C00"><!--/coloro--><i>Alpha Access</i><!--colorc--></span><!--/colorc-->
<!--coloro:#FF8C00--><span style="color:#FF8C00"><!--/coloro--><i>Support UWE</i><!--colorc--></span><!--/colorc--> (they'll love you forever)

All pre-orders get Beta access, so if you're itching to play NS2, any pre-order will satisfy that, but if you're itch is just getting so strong you don't think you'll be able to cope with other people playing the game while you wait for the Beta, here's your guide to taking care of it. This upgrade can be done any time up until the release, so if you're waiting for something, have no fear, you're not on a time table. We all want NS2 to come out as an incredibly polished product.

If you have any questions, please, feel free to assault <b><!--coloro:#FF8C00--><span style="color:#FF8C00"><!--/coloro-->Comprox's<!--colorc--></span><!--/colorc--></b> inbox.

Comments

• WarLoverWarLover Join Date: 2009-11-05 Member: 69276Members
    what exactly is purchase information?
  • SlycasterSlycaster Limited Edition Join Date: 2002-01-24 Member: 24Members, NS1 Playtester
    <!--quoteo(post=1767341:date=Apr 16 2010, 01:54 PM:name=WarLover)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (WarLover @ Apr 16 2010, 01:54 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1767341"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->what exactly is purchase information?<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

Updated with the above information. Thanks for pointing this out. :)
  • Raza.Raza. Join Date: 2004-01-24 Member: 25663Members, Constellation
    Are you sure the key is needed?
    When I had a (different) problem providing email and paypal code was enough to identify my game.
    Only asking because this is against one of the basic security rules: Never give out your key / password to anyone.
  • SlycasterSlycaster Limited Edition Join Date: 2002-01-24 Member: 24Members, NS1 Playtester
    <!--quoteo(post=1767594:date=Apr 17 2010, 02:27 PM:name=Razagal)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Razagal @ Apr 17 2010, 02:27 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1767594"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->Are you sure the key is needed?
    When I had a (different) problem providing email and paypal code was enough to identify my game.
    Only asking because this is against one of the basic security rules: Never give out your key / password to anyone.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

I'll add paypal code as an option to the main post as well for those worried about security. :)
  • ns_insiderns_insider Join Date: 2007-09-30 Member: 62484Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    If you want to have the SE, just buy it and support UW