Prop Requests

GingerGiantGingerGiant Join Date: 2010-04-03 Member: 71157Members
edited April 2010 in Mapping
<div class="IPBDescription">Can't find what you're looking for in the Editor?</div>This is a shout-out to the developers, and anyone else who's game for some modeling, to create some props that aren't in the editor. Post a reply listing whatever props you'd like to be added to the editor, and make sure to describe the prop in detail.

Modelers are encouraged to reply to this thread if they find a request that inspires them, stating what they'll build.

Here are my requests:

- Fork Lift
Preferably yellow, but light-blue paint would be another option. Similar in appearance to forklifts used in warehouses.

- Triangular Scaffolding
The current scaffolding options are all squares. I'd like something triangular like the image I've created below. It would give me a way to support platforms that extend from the middle of walls without using rafters and pillars to connect them to the floor or ceiling.
_____
|....../
|..../
|../
|/

Comments

• slayer20slayer20 Killed a man once. Join Date: 2007-12-13 Member: 63157Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    A wet floor sign.

An escalator and an elevator would be nice. Like one of those nice glass elevators or something.
  • RazorRazor Join Date: 2010-02-23 Member: 70695Members
    edited April 2010
    -Glass pannels

-A blank sign provided with letters in a texture for easy editing to make the sign say anything you want would be great.

-More supports and beams like those that are included but different shapes and angles.

-Large machinery, fuel tanks, pumps, generators (animated ones would be awesome =s)

-Small work lamps, glowsticks?(not sure if there will be flares)

--prop set refinery_pipemods_01_3tubes needs either a new prop that is a straight piece with the 3 cables twisted so tthey are reversed on the other end or a 90angle piece that turns the other way.(or both) Because right now they can only form a loop with a seamless connection.
  • Lemming JesusLemming Jesus Join Date: 2010-04-13 Member: 71385Members
    Medical machinery.
  • UncleRayUncleRay Join Date: 2010-03-08 Member: 70881Members
  • The_Real_QuasarThe_Real_Quasar Has the I.Q. of 12,000 P.E. Teachers Join Date: 2002-11-26 Member: 9998Members
    I'd love to see a few vehicles, like spaceships, trains/trams, little moon buggy type things. Wouldn't need to be usable, just for flavour. Ideally, there'd be a broken version of each as well, for repair shops and the like.
  • GregWildGregWild Join Date: 2010-04-16 Member: 71425Members
    Lots more basic human comforts would be nice - stuff that makes a level feel like someone lives and works in the environment.
  • slayer20slayer20 Killed a man once. Join Date: 2007-12-13 Member: 63157Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    Does anyone have a trash can model?
  • BJHBnade_spammerBJHBnade_spammer Join Date: 2005-02-25 Member: 42431Members
    a scrolling marque with editable text

plus some holographic signs
  • JosemiteJosemite Join Date: 2003-06-29 Member: 17770Members
    More light models, particularly ones designed to sit more or less flush against the wall. Also one designed for a corner would be nice
  • ghost in the shellghost in the shell Join Date: 2008-09-28 Member: 65094Members
    more doors and lights
    also some more overhead things to take up ceiling space
  • kflow47kflow47 Join Date: 2008-10-09 Member: 65154Members
  • tetsu0tetsu0 Join Date: 2010-05-08 Member: 71670Members
    A wider selection of pipe segments would be nice.
  • FehaFeha Join Date: 2006-11-16 Member: 58633Members
    Cake

I need to get the thumbnails to actually show the image to see what we need otherwise, that or spawn every prop there is :P.
  • ianmcmillianmcmill Join Date: 2010-04-29 Member: 71569Members, Reinforced - Supporter
    more windows or airlocks
  • GISPGISP Battle Gorge Denmark Join Date: 2004-03-20 Member: 27460Members, Playtest Lead, Forum Moderators, Constellation, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Squad Five Silver, Squad Five Gold, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Onos, WC 2013 - Gold, Subnautica Playtester, Forum staff
    A shuttle/car/landing craft or other kinds of machineries, and broken versions of em all :)
    Tiny robots used to fix hard to reach stuff, eg. squarel/rat/small cat sized... And broken versions :)
    Maybe some machines similar to the ones used in hl1 sinpleplayer... You know the first map where you sit in the cart, theres all sorts of machines doing stuff :)
  • PstranglerPstrangler Join Date: 2003-09-25 Member: 21198Members
    edited May 2010
    -Grates, gratings...
    -Special wall, floor, ceiling panels (that are matches for texture sets but with added 3d details)
    -A crashed Alien ship.
    -A docked marine ship.
    -Satellites.
    -Asteroids.
    -Planets, moons and such.
    -Broken turrets (of different make than the marines' - you know, the space vessel/station hired a private security firm.... that failed)
    - Building sets. (different stations might make use of different prop sets (as if they were built by different space shipyards and do business with different trading companies.)
    -A courier drop box (sort of FedEx/UPS but I guess those could be of legal concern so, let's create a fictive carrier.
    -docked courier ship.
    -Sleep pods (as in most sci-fi movies)

edit:
    here is some more:

-elevator models.
    -various utility signs (exit, mining, cargo, mess, texaco, electric, engineering, maintenance... )
    -beds
    -space suit
    -ladders
    -crane

Explosive barrels :) kidding.