Perishable props in spark

Tom HoenTom Hoen Join Date: 2009-07-02 Member: 68004Members
<div class="IPBDescription">Copy&paste from another level and boom, props gone</div>I have a slight problem with my spark. I'm making a map so I often create separate files for my rooms.

Today I was making new hallway and tried to copy paste it into my map with spark. But here's the problem: My pasted props perish and I can't click them or select where they should be. And what's the problem here, just make new props? Nope, shouldn't do that. The models are in the level, they are in their correct places when I load my map in engine! I just can't see them in spark!

So what should I do? Does anyone else have this problem?

It is really hard to map when you can't remember was there a prop or wasn't. It is also really hard to create map in one single file, it's so laggy and heavy for my computer.

Comments

• Chris0132Chris0132 Join Date: 2009-07-25 Member: 68262Members
    edited April 2010
    Why do you use separate files? That's what layers are for, assign each room to a layer and hide it when you aren't working on it. Same thing but less hassle.
  • MendaspMendasp I touch maps in inappropriate places Valencia, Spain Join Date: 2002-07-05 Member: 884Members, NS1 Playtester, Contributor, Constellation, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Gold, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Shadow, Retired Community Developer
    Add new layers until they show up. The layers do not get "transferred" with the copy & paste. So they're still in the layers, hidden.
  • GenomaxterGenomaxter Join Date: 2003-10-11 Member: 21597Members
    <!--quoteo(post=1766246:date=Apr 12 2010, 09:50 AM:name=Chris0132)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Chris0132 @ Apr 12 2010, 09:50 AM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1766246"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->Why do you use separate files? That's what layers are for, assign each room to a layer and hide it when you aren't working on it. Same thing but less hassle.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->
    Even doing this the editor will quickly come to a slow which makes it much more difficult for some people.
    I would use his technique, but some of the copy and paste issues are kinda annoying.

And Mendasp hit it.

Until the editor is more complete'ish i won't be trying to actually finish a map.
  • Tom HoenTom Hoen Join Date: 2009-07-02 Member: 68004Members
    edited April 2010
    And the solution has been found, thanks for Mendaps layer magic. Thanks for fast answers everyone.