Pre-Order bundle set questions

UncleRayUncleRay Join Date: 2010-03-08 Member: 70881Members
<div class="IPBDescription">To the ATN of the Dev. Team!</div>I noticed that in the Pre-Order sets, the major differences are of the following;

<b><!--quoteo--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE </div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->Includes:</b> <ul><li>Full version when it comes out (direct download)</li><li>First access to alpha, beta and <a href="http://www.naturalselection2.com/download" target="_blank">tools</a></li><li>Special all black marine armor whenever you play online</li><li>Our eternal gratitude.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd--></li></ul>What about the Khara? Are there any upgrades on their side? I'm paying $40 dollars already, and I believe I should be able to receive something for both sides of the game.

Maybe faster resource collection?
Better textures for the models? (Sexier and meaner looking!)

Anything?

Comments

• HeymanHeyman Join Date: 2005-03-29 Member: 46895Members
    <!--quoteo(post=1758926:date=Mar 12 2010, 02:23 AM:name=UncleRay)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (UncleRay @ Mar 12 2010, 02:23 AM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1758926"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->I noticed that in the Pre-Order sets, the major differences are of the following;

[b]
    [/list]What about the Khara? Are there any upgrades on their side? I'm paying $40 dollars already, and I believe I should be able to receive something for both sides of the game.

Anything?<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

What they offer is what you get.
  • Renegade.Renegade. Join Date: 2003-01-15 Member: 12313Members, Constellation
    <!--quoteo(post=1758926:date=Mar 12 2010, 01:23 AM:name=UncleRay)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (UncleRay @ Mar 12 2010, 01:23 AM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1758926"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->I noticed that in the Pre-Order sets, the major differences are of the following;
    I'm paying $40 dollars already, and I believe I should be able to receive something for both sides of the game.
    Maybe faster resource collection?<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->
    You see Heyman, this is <a href="http://www.unknownworlds.com/ns2/forums/index.php?showtopic=108608&hl=special+edition" target="_blank">exactly</a> what I was talking about.
  • UncleRayUncleRay Join Date: 2010-03-08 Member: 70881Members
    Don't get me wrong... I love what I have in the deal, but I'm just looking for more details :]
  • ComproxComprox *chortle* Canada Join Date: 2002-01-23 Member: 7Members, Super Administrators, Forum Admins, NS1 Playtester, NS2 Developer, Constellation, NS2 Playtester, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Silver, Subnautica Developer, Subnautica Playtester, Pistachionauts
    Like Heyman said, that is all that is being offered with the special edition. I am sorry if you don't feel the extra money is worth that, but that's why the standard edition is available for you to buy instead :)
  • HeymanHeyman Join Date: 2005-03-29 Member: 46895Members
    edited March 2010
    <!--quoteo(post=1758931:date=Mar 12 2010, 02:39 AM:name=R_e_n_e_g_a_d_e)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (R_e_n_e_g_a_d_e @ Mar 12 2010, 02:39 AM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1758931"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->You see Heyman, this is <a href="http://www.unknownworlds.com/ns2/forums/index.php?showtopic=108608&hl=special+edition" target="_blank">exactly</a> what I was talking about.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

Whoop-tee-doo. Keep in mind the percentage of Special Orders versus Normal Pre-Orders, and then think about just how much of those Special Orders that UncleRay represents. Protip: The number is smaller than you believe. Unknown Worlds isn't responsible for a single player's misgivings and feelings of entitlement, and it'll stay that way.

I don't want to talk about social economics and the like in this thread. If you feel that it's necessary to take up the argument again, feel free to post in your own topic again. Everyone else may or may not choose to partake in it.
  • RTVRTV Join Date: 2008-06-09 Member: 64417Members
    <!--quoteo(post=1758926:date=Mar 12 2010, 06:23 AM:name=UncleRay)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (UncleRay @ Mar 12 2010, 06:23 AM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1758926"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->I noticed that in the Pre-Order sets, the major differences are of the following;

[b]
    [/list]What about the Khara? Are there any upgrades on their side? I'm paying $40 dollars already, and I believe I should be able to receive something for both sides of the game.

You are right, i buy the Game and i want a free pizza, hamburger, a new car (german car maybe), a plane and 50$!!!!!!
    Dude serious, wtf?
  • Draco_2kDraco_2k Evil Genius Join Date: 2009-12-09 Member: 69546Members
    edited March 2010
    <!--quoteo(post=1758926:date=Mar 12 2010, 09:23 AM:name=UncleRay)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (UncleRay @ Mar 12 2010, 09:23 AM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1758926"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->What about the Khara? Are there any upgrades on their side? I'm paying $40 dollars already, and I believe I should be able to receive something for both sides of the game.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd--><b>
    </b>Then don't. Black Armour is an added perk, it's not meant to justify 20$ purchase. Did you seriously pay 20$ for a different-coloured armour?..<b>
    </b>
  • CrispixCrispix Join Date: 2007-01-10 Member: 59543Members, Constellation, Reinforced - Supporter, Reinforced - Silver, Reinforced - Gold, Reinforced - Diamond, Reinforced - Shadow
    <!--quoteo(post=1758926:date=Mar 12 2010, 01:23 AM:name=UncleRay)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (UncleRay @ Mar 12 2010, 01:23 AM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1758926"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->I noticed that in the Pre-Order sets, the major differences are of the following;

[b]

Faster Resource collection!? That's a bit unfair sounding :P
  • jamieshepherdjamieshepherd Join Date: 2009-09-04 Member: 68693Members
    <!--quoteo(post=1758963:date=Mar 12 2010, 11:18 AM:name=Draco_2k)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Draco_2k @ Mar 12 2010, 11:18 AM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1758963"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->Did you seriously pay 20$ for a different-coloured armour?..<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

I wouldn't be surprised if a large majority of SE pre-orders did.
    <!--quoteo(post=1758965:date=Mar 12 2010, 02:38 PM:name=jamieshepherd)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (jamieshepherd @ Mar 12 2010, 02:38 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1758965"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->I wouldn't be surprised if a large majority of SE pre-orders did.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->
    I would be. 20$ for a cosmetic item is a bit too much, and most of pre-orders so far seem to come from fans of NS1.
  • PaniggPanigg Join Date: 2006-11-02 Member: 58212Members
    Our way of showing support for NS2. I don't care for the 20 bucks, but UWE does. If they make the game better cause of those 20 bucks, fine by me.
  • ctdctd Join Date: 2009-06-01 Member: 67611Members
    Special Amour wasn't the only reason. Alpha, Armour, and support the devs. And also I don't care about 20 dollars. Its nothing.
  • FortuneFortune Join Date: 2009-04-27 Member: 67290Members, Constellation
    Pretty sure most bought it for the alpha. I did it for alpha and tools, in the hopes of making a freakin awesome NS2 map, but hey, each to their own.
  • TrCTrC Join Date: 2008-11-30 Member: 65612Members
    Nice troll.

The pre-order had about everything to "trick" you into buying.
    To TrC, who are you calling a troll? This is just a QUESTION. It's based nothing on monetary issues. I could give them $1,000 if I wanted. My question was simple.

Would there be any other additions to the special pre-order pack that weren't listed be available later on.

I'm not saying I don't have any respect for these developers. I've been through NS1 until 3.0.

Maybe I asked the wrong question format? Is it WRONG for me to get more information about what I've ordered? Is it wrong for me to question their thoughtfulness? I'm definitely happy with what they gave, but I just wanted to find out if there was anything else that was being offered.
  • PipiPipi Join Date: 2009-12-09 Member: 69550Members
    <!--quoteo(post=1758998:date=Mar 12 2010, 11:11 AM:name=UncleRay)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (UncleRay @ Mar 12 2010, 11:11 AM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1758998"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->I could give them $1,000 if I wanted.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

Then do it.
    <!--quoteo(post=1759003:date=Mar 12 2010, 11:38 AM:name=Pipi)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Pipi @ Mar 12 2010, 11:38 AM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1759003"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->Then do it.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

It's just a figure of speech.
  • Kouji_SanKouji_San Sr. Hινε Uρкεερεг - EUPT Deputy The Netherlands Join Date: 2003-05-13 Member: 16271Members, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue
    That thread link posted... Could be nice to have a 15day trial included for a friend. Yknow to entice them to buy it (standard or SE) after their trial is over... Also a proven business concept...
  • zimzumzimzum Join Date: 2004-09-02 Member: 31200Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    First you asked a simple and reasonable question.
    <!--quoteo(post=0:date=:name=UncleRay)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (UncleRay)</div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->What about the Khara? Are there any upgrades on their side?<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

Then you stated that you felt entitled to more than what they offered.
    <!--quoteo(post=0:date=:name=UncleRay)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (UncleRay)</div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->I'm paying $40 dollars already, and I believe I should be able to receive something for both sides of the game.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

<!--quoteo(post=0:date=:name=UncleRay)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (UncleRay)</div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->My question was simple.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

Yes, but your demand for more masked your simple question.
    <!--QuoteBegin-'UncleRay'+--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE ('UncleRay')</div><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteEBegin-->Is it wrong for me to question their thoughtfulness?<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

I can only speak for myself, but to question someone's thoughtfulness does seem rude.
  • RehnquistRehnquist Join Date: 2009-09-01 Member: 68672Members
    <!--quoteo(post=1759008:date=Mar 12 2010, 09:51 AM:name=zimzum)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (zimzum @ Mar 12 2010, 09:51 AM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1759008"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->Then you stated that you felt entitled to more than what they offered.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

I understand in a follow-up he said the he wanted to know if, basically, UWE were planning on adding more benefits/features to the SE that haven't been announced yet.

However, he worded it badly and he came off like a d!ck. "I paid X dollars, so I should get Y benefits! (Even though I paid X dollars knowing what the benefits were in the first place, I am entitled to more because, after all, did I mention I paid <i>X dollars</i> for it?)
  • WunschkindWunschkind Join Date: 2010-02-20 Member: 70658Members
    edited March 2010
    I'd immediately cancel my SE order (and would skip the game completely) if there was any unfair advantage associated with it. The 40$ (Actually it was about 26€ for me) don't matter for me, but it was a simple way to say "thank you!" for NS1. The fact that it helps them make NS2 better is, of course, much appreciated too.
    <!--QuoteBegin-UncleRay+--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (UncleRay)</div><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteEBegin-->I believe I should be able to receive something for both sides of the game.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd--> omfg. I think you completely misunderstood the purpose of the Special Edition. I don't even understand why you care for this. Black armour is more than enough. I hope the main unannounced feature of the SE is "ability to turn of black armour". :)
  • TrCTrC Join Date: 2008-11-30 Member: 65612Members
    <!--quoteo(post=1758998:date=Mar 12 2010, 08:11 PM:name=UncleRay)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (UncleRay @ Mar 12 2010, 08:11 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1758998"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->To TrC, who are you calling a troll? This is just a QUESTION. It's based nothing on monetary issues. I could give them $1,000 if I wanted. My question was simple.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->
    Topic starter
  • Kc2000Kc2000 Join Date: 2009-06-14 Member: 67840Members
    edited March 2010
    I want my gorge to fart bubbles for ordering SE.

Also, aside from fart bubbles, I also want my gorge to have babblers and I want fades to have the original Blink. Not that stupid flying crap, I want the teleporting crap that used to let you blink through siege wall in 005.

Trolling aside,

I like how no one bothered to mention
    <!--quoteo--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE </div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec--><b>Our eternal gratitude.</b><!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

Leave your whining at the door, you AGREED to pay $40 for SE for that bonus already.

Example:
    I paid $13 for a haircut and they decided to give me a shampoo+rinse, I don't expect to get a pedicure and a back massage just because I am a regular customer.
  • PlazmoPlazmo Join Date: 2010-03-10 Member: 70910Members
    <!--quoteo(post=1758963:date=Mar 12 2010, 06:18 AM:name=Draco_2k)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Draco_2k @ Mar 12 2010, 06:18 AM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1758963"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec--><b>
    </b>Then don't. Black Armour is an added perk, it's not meant to justify 20$ purchase. Did you seriously pay 20$ for a different-coloured armour?..<b>
    </b><!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->
    I did!

I also did it because the NS team released a AWESOME total conversion mod 8 years ago for FREE when I was only a kid who would never have been able to play it if they charged money.

So, now that I have money. I paid the extra $20.
  • PricePrice Join Date: 2003-09-27 Member: 21247Members
    edited March 2010
    Do not feed the troll, but don´t let him die, send him PMs so he can eat this.
    <!--quoteo(post=1759043:date=Mar 12 2010, 11:35 PM:name=Plazmo)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Plazmo @ Mar 12 2010, 11:35 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1759043"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->I did!

I also did it because the NS team released a AWESOME total conversion mod 8 years ago for FREE when I was only a kid who would never have been able to play it if they charged money.

So, now that I have money. I paid the extra $20.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->
    So did I. And I'm guessing the other 95% of forum population did too.
  • ComproxComprox *chortle* Canada Join Date: 2002-01-23 Member: 7Members, Super Administrators, Forum Admins, NS1 Playtester, NS2 Developer, Constellation, NS2 Playtester, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Silver, Subnautica Developer, Subnautica Playtester, Pistachionauts
    Ok, since no one seemed to read what I wrote last time. That is all there is. What you see for the special edition is what you get. Thankfully many of have been gracious enough to order the special edition for such perks as access to the alpha, but for the rest of you, there is the regular edition.

I am locking this thread so the petty insults will stop and people will actually see this.
This discussion has been closed.