NDA on testing, alpha, beta ?

2»

Comments

• GiblazGiblaz Join Date: 2003-12-28 Member: 24819Members
    FocusedWolf is just an annoying furry troll, disregard what he says. He has no clue what is going on with UWE or NS2 apparently.
  • Renegade.Renegade. Join Date: 2003-01-15 Member: 12313Members, Constellation
    <!--quoteo(post=1757997:date=Mar 8 2010, 03:26 AM:name=BadMouth)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (BadMouth @ Mar 8 2010, 03:26 AM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1757997"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->FocusedWolf cares about the alpha. He just doesn't care for the black armour. He ordered the standard edition solely for the green armour. But it makes me scratch my head since Wolf has repeatedly said he would just use custom models.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->
    why would that make you scratch your head? If you're going to use custom models anyways then you'll have little need for purchased armour. At any rate (as I've already commented at length) I'd sooner go without then to buy into silly paid wardrobe hats.
  • FortuneFortune Join Date: 2009-04-27 Member: 67290Members, Constellation
    <!--quoteo(post=1758167:date=Mar 8 2010, 08:58 PM:name=R_e_n_e_g_a_d_e)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (R_e_n_e_g_a_d_e @ Mar 8 2010, 08:58 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1758167"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->why would that make you scratch your head? If you're going to use custom models anyways then you'll have little need for purchased armour. At any rate (as I've already commented at length) I'd sooner go without then to buy into silly paid wardrobe hats.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

...He's saying FocusedWolf wants the alpha, but would prefer the green armour over the SE black armour, even though he could just replace the black armour with a custom model anyway and gain access to the alpha. If you're gonna quote someone, at least read what they say first ;)
    <!--quoteo(post=1758196:date=Mar 8 2010, 07:20 PM:name=Fortune)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Fortune @ Mar 8 2010, 07:20 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1758196"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->...He's saying FocusedWolf wants the alpha, but would prefer the green armour over the SE black armour, even though he could just replace the black armour with a custom model anyway and gain access to the alpha. If you're gonna quote someone, at least read what they say first ;)<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->
    If one does not want black armour, replacing models does not solve that problem since you neither see yourself in the game nor will your replaced models affect how others see you. So as I imply, if one would prefer green armour so that one does not appear to have bought into the black-armour farce to on-lookers, then it makes complete sense that one would forgo the alpha in order to maintain this on grounds of principle. This is not a surface-level issue, please try thinking on a deeper level before responding ;)
  • spellman23spellman23 NS1 Theorycraft Expert Join Date: 2007-05-17 Member: 60920Members
    I assume this will be moot if black armor is toggleable (i.e. either client-side, I don't want to see any blacks, or it's an equipment laodout choice).

BACK TO TOPIC:::::
    </thread>
  • FortuneFortune Join Date: 2009-04-27 Member: 67290Members, Constellation
    <!--quoteo(post=1758221:date=Mar 9 2010, 02:08 AM:name=R_e_n_e_g_a_d_e)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (R_e_n_e_g_a_d_e @ Mar 9 2010, 02:08 AM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1758221"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->If one does not want black armour, replacing models does not solve that problem since you neither see yourself in the game nor will your replaced models affect how others see you. So as I imply, if one would prefer green armour so that one does not appear to have bought into the black-armour farce to on-lookers, then it makes complete sense that one would forgo the alpha in order to maintain this on grounds of principle. This is not a surface-level issue, please try thinking on a deeper level before responding ;)<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

Principle? Give me a break, he obviously just didn't want to shell out $40 for a game that may or may not be released in our lifetime. Which is fair enough.
    But basing your purchase on what colour your pixel space marine gets to be is a little pointless. You realise that on lookers will probably have custom skins for any marine that appears on their screen right? And even if they play vanilla, does it really matter if someone sees you in black or green armour? This isn't a fashion parade.

People won't care what armour you're wearing, and if they did it's probably been replaced to something that suits their tastes.
  • remiremi remedy [blu.knight] Join Date: 2003-11-18 Member: 23112Members, Super Administrators, Forum Admins, NS2 Developer, NS2 Playtester
    edited March 2010
    <!--QuoteBegin-trolls+--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (trolls)</div><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteEBegin-->rablerablerablerbale<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->
    Sorry to rain on your bridge parade, but haven't the devs already confirmed that you will be able to turn off the black armor if you want?
  • BiglinesBiglines Join Date: 2003-12-07 Member: 24094Members, Constellation
    <!--quoteo(post=1757890:date=Mar 7 2010, 10:13 PM:name=FocusedWolf)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (FocusedWolf @ Mar 7 2010, 10:13 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1757890"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->There's no reason for a NDA, except to prevent leaks to the community (although if they release all info about the contents of the pre-order, then it isn't a problem). Just force people to enter there keys to play, and only allow certain pre-order keys permission to play. If you don't care about who plays, then lighten up on the restrictions so anyone that preordered (or just anyone) can play.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->
    the reason for an nda is to make people like you aware that while they have no clue what they're talking about, they'll still go off and troll about it wherever they can
    <!--quoteo(post=1758268:date=Mar 9 2010, 02:21 AM:name=Psyke)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Psyke @ Mar 9 2010, 02:21 AM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1758268"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->Sorry to rain on your bridge parade, but haven't the devs already confirmed that you will be able to turn off the black armor if you want?<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->
    where have you seen this? unless you are referring to the ability of the black armour <i>owner</i> to turn off their own black armour and not a client-side option in general (which I've explained at length why it should be).
  • remiremi remedy [blu.knight] Join Date: 2003-11-18 Member: 23112Members, Super Administrators, Forum Admins, NS2 Developer, NS2 Playtester
    <!--quoteo(post=1758454:date=Mar 9 2010, 05:26 PM:name=R_e_n_e_g_a_d_e)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (R_e_n_e_g_a_d_e @ Mar 9 2010, 05:26 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1758454"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->where have you seen this? unless you are referring to the ability of the black armour <i>owner</i> to turn off their own black armour and not a client-side option in general (which I've explained at length why it should be).<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->
    I am referring to the person who bought SE being able to turn off their own black armor. This was in response to your previous post...

<!--quoteo(post=1758221:date=Mar 8 2010, 06:08 PM:name=R_e_n_e_g_a_d_e)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (R_e_n_e_g_a_d_e @ Mar 8 2010, 06:08 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1758221"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->if one would prefer green armour so that one does not appear to have bought into the black-armour farce to on-lookers, then it makes complete sense that one would forgo the alpha in order to maintain this on grounds of principle<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->
  • DeeDee Canada Join Date: 2002-12-15 Member: 10836Members, Constellation, Reinforced - Shadow
    <!--quoteo(post=1758223:date=Mar 8 2010, 07:10 PM:name=spellman23)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (spellman23 @ Mar 8 2010, 07:10 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1758223"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->I assume this will be moot if black armor is toggleable (i.e. either client-side, <b>I don't want to see any blacks</b>, or it's an equipment laodout choice).

BACK TO TOPIC:::::
    </thread><!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->
    <i>*double-take*</i>
  • xposed-xposed- Join Date: 2007-09-23 Member: 62412Members, Constellation
    edited March 2010
    FocusedWolf is one of those people who incessantly keeps posting opinions or theories that just boggle the mind. Whether he is just a professional troll or a retard, I do not know.

To stay on topic however, I'm sure there isn't an NDA or anything of the sort imposed on the small select group of engine testers as it stands. I think the loyalty that every single NS/UWE fan has for them is enough to keep the testers from throwing currently secret stuff all over youtube and the forums
  • IeptBarakatIeptBarakat The most difficult name to speak ingame. Join Date: 2009-07-10 Member: 68107Members, Constellation, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Diamond, Reinforced - Shadow
    Beta videos are best videos.
  • ryanericwryanericw Join Date: 2009-08-27 Member: 68624Members
    edited March 2010
    <!--quoteo(post=1758241:date=Mar 8 2010, 09:16 PM:name=Fortune)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Fortune @ Mar 8 2010, 09:16 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1758241"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->Principle? Give me a break, he obviously just didn't want to shell out $40 for a game that may or may not be released in our lifetime. Which is fair enough.
    But basing your purchase on what colour your pixel space marine gets to be is a little pointless. You realise that on lookers will probably have custom skins for any marine that appears on their screen right? And even if they play vanilla, does it really matter if someone sees you in black or green armour? This isn't a fashion parade.

People won't care what armour you're wearing, and if they did it's probably been replaced to something that suits their tastes.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

Well, on a technical level, black would most likely be less noticeable in the environment than green. If I was in charge of a team that was going to be deployed on a dark ship or environment, I may go with black over green. Some people play by tactics or see the strategy involved, while others indulge and buy the best merely for bragging rights or to support the team more than others.

I wanted to support the team, have the bragging rights, and want to test my "strategy". If you don't want to spend the money, don't, who cares. Just don't deface the value others have put into this project. Not everyone looks at everything as "money, money, money"...

If someone missed the context clues, I paid the $40 for the special edition. I chose to support the team more as I loved NS1, gained many hours of fun time and enjoyment, and feel as though the extra $20 for a "Thank you, I appreciate your work past and present!" is not so much of a loss in my books! =)
    Oh, but that logic won't work here, apparently everyone's bought into that black armour won't have any effect, it'll just be "cool". As cool as pink skulks and r_viewdrawmodel 0 was too; remind me again why we had mp_consistency?

There's been no word from the devs on a server-side or client-side toggle to disable black armour and that doesn't sit well with me. Don't on the one hand speak of competitive community support but then go "lol btw global unlocks"
  • MuYeahMuYeah Join Date: 2006-12-26 Member: 59261Members
    why the ###### do you care about black armour so much? stop sperging out about this
  • ryanericwryanericw Join Date: 2009-08-27 Member: 68624Members
    <!--quoteo(post=1758532:date=Mar 10 2010, 06:09 AM:name=MuYeah)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (MuYeah @ Mar 10 2010, 06:09 AM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1758532"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->why the ###### do you care about black armour so much? stop sperging out about this<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->
    Says the guy, evidently taking out the time in his/her life, responding to the very thing he/she is insisting on to stop talking about. Ingenious.