Mexican Drug Lords

ObamanismObamanism Join Date: 2009-11-20 Member: 69442Banned
Why can't a country's army stop a bunch of drug dealers? I don't understand. I believe police + army > drug dealers.

Comments

• Draco_2kDraco_2k Evil Genius Join Date: 2009-12-09 Member: 69546Members
    Wrong question. Why <b>don't</b> army stop a bunch of drug dealers.
  • PipiPipi Join Date: 2009-12-09 Member: 69550Members
    Every times I look at a weird topic name, I just have a feeling that Obamanism started it.

Dunno why.
  • ThansalThansal The New Scum Join Date: 2002-08-22 Member: 1215Members, Constellation
    The answer is actually relatively simple from what I understand.

It's money.

Mexico isn't the most powerful of nations, and they are going up against people with incredibly large amounts of cash, who are relatively dug in.

Insinuating that the Mexican army/government doesn't want to stop them is rather insulting tbh. If you pay attention to the news you see that they ARE fighting them, and pouring a LOT of resources into the job.

The problem is that the opposition has more resources.

How do you combat organizations when they can pour even more money into the war than you can?
    How do you hire people when they know there is a GOOD chance that they will get themselves AND their families killed?
    How do you keep individuals from becoming corrupt? You can't offer them the same deal that the drug families can.
    How do yo keep kids from joining them? You can't offer them the same prospects. The chance at real money and power. Sure they know they might get chopped for it, but the ones who fall for it probably already have a good chance of ending up as a victim.

This is all off the cuff, just knowledge gleaned from some random documentaries and articles. I can't back it up with facts, but it is the general idea behind the problem.
  • That_Annoying_KidThat_Annoying_Kid Sire of Titles Join Date: 2003-03-01 Member: 14175Members, Constellation
    not to mention the fact that the biggest mob in Mexico is the federales