Suggestion about some attack effects

TgaudTgaud Join Date: 2009-05-01 Member: 67323Members
(Sorry, i already posted it, but in the wront forum and i had no answer).

I was thinkin about something :

Did you plan to add some "control" abilities ?
Like the old "stomp"

It can be very fun, for example, once a marine is parasited, he moves slower, or something like this
Or once a marine breathe the lerk poison, his vision change a little (colour or movment)

TFC 1 had plenty of things like it.

TFC concussion grenade (make the crosshair move alone, more difficult to aim for a few sec)
implementation :
(if a marine breathe the lerk poison) -> add more even more supply role to lerk.
And it's a good way to have skill for some people , by learning to aim precisely even with this

TFC Hallucination/paranoia grenade (the player can hear things like if he was attacked) : We could make the marine hear "skulk" or "bite" for 5-7sec even is there isn't).
implementation :
-> could be a good thing, once a player is parasited, it can create a little confusion in the marine stack, and giving a lonely skulk a "little" chance.
And skilled people can be concentrated and learn to play without extra paranoia

the TFC rockets wich could eject the ennemy player far away and playing pinball with him.
implementation :
-> don't know how to implement this... maybe an effect to the onos attack or charge ?

the flamethrower, bloking the vision with flame
implementation : no idea

the littles pikes dropped on ground, making the player move slower.
implementation :
-> good idea for a player attacked by an OC chamber , he become slower, and by the way more vunerable to OC.

From what i can remember, the possibility to act on the behavior of the other team (and not just kill them), added a lot of fun to the game, and a lot of strategy too.

You can even find some control for marine too...

For example grenade make the alien have less adrenaline, and lerk can't flight for two or three sec. It would add some strategy use of the grenade, and not only a "skulk in vent" weapon.
Add a special poison upgrade that make the alien hit by a knife, frozen for one second (but can attack). (useless without teamplay)

etc... (i've been thinking on it since less than 5min and i've plenty of idea already, so you can find idea yourself).

I'm not telling everything is a good idea, but i think that getting some of them (or others) could really add something to the game.
Witout giving a real "firepower" advantage , it could add some GOOD way to split good player and bad ones.

And it's rewarding the teamplay and without giving some real advantage, it can need some organization, the thing that made a difference on NS 1 and the thing that make difference on league.

Comments