Mapping guidelines question

PipiPipi Join Date: 2009-12-09 Member: 69550Members
-What's the healing distance of the hive?

-Do ventilation shafts really need to use vent's models only? (floors, ceilings, walls)

-As I see in the layouts samples, double nozzle rooms are made possible. Can that type of room (specifically the 2 nozzles) act as a single powergrid node?

-Is the starting hive going to be just like the techpoint's model hive or will it be a different entity, allowing it to be placed higher in the alien start?

Comments

• ComproxComprox *chortle* Canada Join Date: 2002-01-23 Member: 7Members, Super Administrators, Forum Admins, NS1 Playtester, NS2 Developer, Constellation, NS2 Playtester, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Silver, Subnautica Developer, Subnautica Playtester, Pistachionauts
    Healing: no idea. Heck, who knows if this will even be a feature, have they talked about it?

Vent: Preferably. It's so players can easily identify where vents are. This was a big problem for new players in NS1.

Sorry, I can't help on the other 2.
  • PipiPipi Join Date: 2009-12-09 Member: 69550Members
    Bump.

If any dev's care to answer this.
  • MidoMido Join Date: 2004-04-05 Member: 27742Members
    <!--quoteo(post=1746667:date=Jan 10 2010, 11:25 AM:name=Comprox)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Comprox @ Jan 10 2010, 11:25 AM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1746667"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->Vent: Preferably. It's so players can easily identify where vents are. This was a big problem for new players in NS1.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

It was? I just made the C key my best friend and would frequently just run around with it open. The huge sprawl of a complicated NS1 map isn't so bad when you have the map toggle just a click away.