Display Problems

dawchgendawchgen Join Date: 2010-01-08 Member: 69989Members
<div class="IPBDescription">Support Needed</div>I have not played ns in probably 5yrs. Bought a new computer and wanted to get back at it. I have a 64 bit OS so I've already fixed the gamma problem. Now when I join a server a new message appears Software mode is not supported by natural selection. Now everyone understand I have not purchased a video card yet so i am using the intergrated one. So if you can help or have solutions please be kind and let me know.

Comments

• ThansalThansal The New Scum Join Date: 2002-08-22 Member: 1215Members, Constellation
    you have to set your video mode to D3D or OpenGL (iirc, HL playes better with OGL). You are using software rendering, which NS doesn't support.
  • Kouji_SanKouji_San Sr. Hινε Uρкεερεг - EUPT Deputy The Netherlands Join Date: 2003-05-13 Member: 16271Members, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue
    If it is an integrated none Nvidea or AMD/Ati 3D-card, you are definitely out of luck for any HD video or 3d applications you want to try. Yes even the ancient engines!

Those chipset videocards are meant for 2D operating shizzle, nothing else :P