Commander view

PipiPipi Join Date: 2009-12-09 Member: 69550Members
Since there is going to be a lot more stuff in a map than there was about in NS1, I think that an option in the editor for props and polygons to be hidden while in commander mode would be so great, ease the view and maybe prevent droping medpacks or stuff on top of unwanted surfaces.

Comments

• XuaxinodalXuaxinodal Join Date: 2002-12-19 Member: 11158Members, Constellation
    I think something like this would be very helpful. My thought was adding a "hide from commander" property to any visible object.

The other side to this coin would be to mark things as "commander only" for the sake of completeness.
  • Draco_2kDraco_2k Evil Genius Join Date: 2009-12-09 Member: 69546Members
    For what I gather, the engine will do this automatically. But surely we'll have a manual override just in case.
  • PipiPipi Join Date: 2009-12-09 Member: 69550Members
    <!--quoteo(post=1744868:date=Dec 25 2009, 08:56 PM:name=Xuaxinodal)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Xuaxinodal @ Dec 25 2009, 08:56 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1744868"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->I think something like this would be very helpful. My thought was adding a "hide from commander" property to any visible object.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

Yeah I was meaning that by "editor option".. a property in the editor so the mapper can decide. Seamless view of commander mode would certainly help less experimented commanders.

:D