Christmas Loot!

NeonSpyderNeonSpyder "Das est NTLDR?" Join Date: 2003-07-03 Member: 17913Members
<div class="IPBDescription">So What'dja get?</div>It's that time of year again to tell your favourite forum-friends what you're just overjoyed to have received over christmas, if it be a new toy or just the joy of family and friends write about it here!

Personally I'm ecstatic to have my family visiting over from Australia, even if it is only for 10 days.

As for material gains I'm extremely pleased to have received a new graphics card (Ati 4870 512mb) and an LCD monitor to replace my ancient 19" behemoth of a CRT.

So what about you guys? What's great about this christmas for you?

Comments

• DiscoZombieDiscoZombie Join Date: 2003-08-05 Member: 18951Members
    just a few shirts from the in-laws :( I guess I was a bad boy this year.
  • lolfighterlolfighter Snark, Dire Join Date: 2003-04-20 Member: 15693Members
    I got a book and two mousemats! It was a good book. And good mousemats. I like them.
  • ThaldarinThaldarin Alonzi&#33; Join Date: 2003-07-15 Member: 18173Members, Constellation
    Lots of smelly stuff, a few games from the #ns IRC lot + my comrade! A bathrobe (I really needed!), a few tops, a hoodie and £200.
  • ZiGGYZiGGY Join Date: 2003-01-19 Member: 12479Members
    new PCCCCC \o\\\\ wooh
    Actually I haven't tried the mousemats yet so I don't know if they're good, but I assume they are.
  • ThaldarinThaldarin Alonzi&#33; Join Date: 2003-07-15 Member: 18173Members, Constellation
    Which mousemats?! Pics!? Info!?
  • BeastBeast Armonkyi Join Date: 2003-04-21 Member: 15731Members, Constellation
    I got:
    <ul><li>24 cans of Mountain Dew (imported as it's not available in the UK)</li><li>Random trinkety thingies</li><li>Money</li><li>HTC HD2 :o It's an iPhone but not. And better. :D:D:D</li><li>Chocolates</li></ul>

Not a bad run :D
  • ScytheScythe Join Date: 2002-01-25 Member: 46NS1 Playtester, Forum Moderators, Constellation, Reinforced - Silver
    I got some shirts, an awesome towel, a steering wheel cover, burnout paradise, the petz pack (Thanks Tekdude), red faction: guerrilla, some cash, a whipper-snipper, an eski, some other bits and bobs.

I'm buying myself a nexus one when they come out, that'll be my big christmas present.

--Scythe--
  • locallyunscenelocallyunscene Feeder of Trolls Join Date: 2002-12-25 Member: 11528Members, Constellation
    I got a really nice watch(the fossil one where you can see all the tiny pieces inside) and some clothes and a water fountain thingy for my cat.
  • ThansalThansal The New Scum Join Date: 2002-08-22 Member: 1215Members, Constellation
    a set of <a href="http://getbuckyballs.com/" target="_blank">BuckyBalls</a> (really horribly additively fun to play with), a new beard trimmer (old one busted, I needed this something bad), a bottle of Cruzan Black Strap Rum (my god, this stuff really is amazingly good), a 2010 bubble a day wall calendar (bubble wrap that is), and the usual odd assortment of interesting food items, books and $$ for books.

I want to toss out the question:
    Did any one give something they are particularly proud of/think we would be interested in?

My only thing that I was particularly proud of was giving a few people packages of <a href="http://www.thinkgeek.com/caffeine/wacky-edibles/ab3f/" target="_blank">Miracle Berry Tablets</a>, as these seem to be relatively new on the market, and I know a number of people who have been wanting to play with miracle berries.
    Your balls make me jealous.

Anyway I'm done reading the book. It was a nice book.
  • ThansalThansal The New Scum Join Date: 2002-08-22 Member: 1215Members, Constellation
    <!--quoteo(post=1744892:date=Dec 26 2009, 08:42 AM:name=lolfighter)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (lolfighter @ Dec 26 2009, 08:42 AM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1744892"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->Your balls make me jealous.

Anyway I'm done reading the book. It was a nice book.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->
    My balls make every one jealous.

People couldn't stop playing with them on xmas eve.
  • SvenpaSvenpa Wait, what? Join Date: 2004-01-03 Member: 25012Members, Constellation
    I gave my sister a box of miracle fruit last xmas but we had not tried em til now. I must say they do work as they say, but in a sickening sense. I isnt something I would do again. Then again, the expire date was only 4 months or so. It might have had something to do with that.

As my family suck at the internet I ordered for myself a pair of 5.1 headphones (roccat kave) and thinkgeek's personal soundtrack t-shirt: <a href="http://www.thinkgeek.com/tshirts-apparel/interactive/a5bf/" target="_blank">http://www.thinkgeek.com/tshirts-apparel/interactive/a5bf/</a> which I feel pretty proud of.
    <!--quoteo(post=1744896:date=Dec 26 2009, 02:53 PM:name=Thansal)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Thansal @ Dec 26 2009, 02:53 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1744896"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->My balls make every one jealous.

People couldn't stop playing with them on xmas eve.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->
    Don't forget to show your balls to visitors. I'm sure they will be enticed.
  • [WHO]Them[WHO]Them You can call me Dave Join Date: 2002-12-11 Member: 10593Members, Constellation
    Some puzzles and a new wallet. Christmas cheer. And a dumbfounding realization on Christmas Eve.

Buffalo Wings.... For many years I've heard many jokes about flying buffalo roaming the skies and whatnot. And I'm fully aware that they get their name from their origins in Buffalo. But never once have I ever considered that it's weird that Buffalo Wings are drumsticks until two days ago.

It may not have been profound or even important. But my mind has been temporarily blown.
  • Paranoia2MBParanoia2MB Join Date: 2002-11-09 Member: 7832Members
    400$ USD
    White shirts
    Underwear
    Hangover Unrated
    Inglorious Basterds (Blu-ray0

I bought myself a new airsoft rifle as a gift to myself.
    Echo 1 AK-47 with blowback. It's nice.
    <a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5mMHGr0BxI0&feature=player_embedded" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5mMHGr0BxI0...player_embedded</a>

Still haven't gone to my mom's house, which I'm doing shortly. I think I'm just getting dinner from her and her husband. That's good though, I'm starving.

May also buy Borderlands. Got it for a friend and it's fun. Tempting on Demon Soul's too. (PS3)
  • RetalesRetales Panigg cultist Join Date: 2003-08-07 Member: 19180Members
    edited December 2009
    I got
    <ul><li>Two novels</li><li>Cook book</li><li>Blackadder- series on dvd</li><li>American History X dvd</li><li>A mountain of candeh</li><li>A gyro-/powerball</li><li>Nokia 3120</li></ul>
    I also bought L4D2 for myself from the Steam sale, though I'm on limited access since my laptop is still borked.
    That powerball thingy is madness. I did know of their existence, but I never tried one. Mine has a RPM meter on it and I intend to break 10k rpm record before the end of the year.

Oh em gee, I forgot to mention my new cellphone.
    <!--quoteo(post=1744922:date=Dec 26 2009, 05:21 PM:name=[WHO]Them)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE ([WHO]Them @ Dec 26 2009, 05:21 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1744922"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->
    Some puzzles and a new wallet. Christmas cheer. And a dumbfounding realization on Christmas Eve.

Buffalo Wings.... For many years I've heard many jokes about flying buffalo roaming the skies and whatnot. And I'm fully aware that they get their name from their origins in Buffalo. But never once have I ever considered that it's weird that Buffalo Wings are drumsticks until two days ago.

It may not have been profound or even important. But my mind has been temporarily blown.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

Well, the originals were wings, and the places that are 'serious (seriously, serious about a bar snack?) serve wings.
  • XythXyth Avatar Join Date: 2003-11-04 Member: 22312Members
    Clothes
    New Soldering Iron
    24" widescreen HDTV (Super excited to get this back to my apartment, I didn't own a TV prior to this. Finally I can play my 360 that's been sitting in the closet gathering dust.)
  • pardzhpardzh Join Date: 2002-10-25 Member: 1601Members
    X360 w/ 20GB HDD
    Halo 3: ODST
    1-year sub to XBL Gold

Lots of candy and a couple bottles of liquor.
  • -Drake--Drake- -dn ʎɐʍ sıɥʇ- Join Date: 2003-04-02 Member: 15125Members
    Santa was good this year.

Tadgear Tan softshell
    Merrell intercepters (moth brown)
    Canon 55-200 IS lens
    Springfield armourys redwood 1911 grips

Then the usual socks and sweeties.
  • spellman23spellman23 NS1 Theorycraft Expert Join Date: 2007-05-17 Member: 60920Members
    some cash, PJs, Settlers of Catan. And of course awesome food and fun times.

Overall, can't complain.

Oh, and of course buying random stuff on the Steam sales.
  • sherpasherpa stopcommandermode Join Date: 2006-11-04 Member: 58338Members
    Speakers for the Impreza (not a chav- the factory ones are tinny), season 3 of 24 (I'm a bit behind), Jay-Zs new albumn (I'm really not a chav) and the misses is trying to sort out tickets to see the F1 UK race at Silverstone.
  • VisionVision Join Date: 2008-07-27 Member: 64707Members
    I got: a shirt and two (2) books (The Blade Itself and Neverwhere). Christmas was all about the presents right?

<!--quoteo(post=1745095:date=Dec 29 2009, 07:15 PM:name=sherpa)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (sherpa @ Dec 29 2009, 07:15 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1745095"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->Speakers for the Impreza (not a chav- the factory ones are tinny), season 3 of 24 (I'm a bit behind), Jay-Zs new albumn (I'm really not a chav) and the misses is trying to sort out tickets to see the F1 UK race at Silverstone.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

Amis..
  • RetalesRetales Panigg cultist Join Date: 2003-08-07 Member: 19180Members
    <!--quoteo(post=1745098:date=Dec 29 2009, 08:47 PM:name=Vision)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Vision @ Dec 29 2009, 08:47 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1745098"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->I got: a shirt and two (2) books (The Blade Itself and Neverwhere). Christmas was all about the presents right?

Amis..<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->
    Oosny
  • FaskaliaFaskalia Wechsellichtzeichenanlage Join Date: 2004-09-12 Member: 31651Members, Constellation
    Hmm, lets see:

A few books, clothing articles, a SKS Rennkompressor, a calendar, a Spiegel subscription.

Thank goodness my family stopped buying electronics, without consulting me first :D
  • TesseractTesseract Join Date: 2007-06-21 Member: 61328Members, Constellation
    <!--quoteo(post=1744843:date=Dec 25 2009, 09:46 PM:name=NeonSpyder)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (NeonSpyder @ Dec 25 2009, 09:46 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1744843"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->So what about you guys?<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

I got depressed.