Display doesn't support downloadable gam

StiflerzStiflerz Join Date: 2009-12-22 Member: 69753Members
I know there been some threads about this, but I want to ask again...

Anyone know how to solve this problem? Setting cl_gammaramp off is not a solution, as this makes game unable to normaly play, due to dark screen...

These who doesnt know about this thing, heres description of problem:
Im using Windows 7 and geforce 8500GT. Entering natural selection, scoreboard is green, some other colors are messed up... Message "Display doesn't support downloadable gam" is showen...

I have tryed install different nvidia drivers:

none of these worker fine...

Comments

• ThansalThansal The New Scum Join Date: 2002-08-22 Member: 1215Members, Constellation
    If shutting off the gamma ramp isn't an option then you could always not use a 64 bit OS.

Those are your options.

(personally I would turn off gammaramp, and then just bump my brightness way up, which is what the gamma ramp does, though it does it intelligently)
  • StiflerzStiflerz Join Date: 2009-12-22 Member: 69753Members
    its not 64bit OS... its 32bit...

and I have my gamma up already, after gamma ramp its way to dark
  • ThansalThansal The New Scum Join Date: 2002-08-22 Member: 1215Members, Constellation
    cl_gammaramp 0 (the fix) turns off the gamma ramp (0 being off for most console commands).

It's a known bug, and likely will never be fixed. If you are running a 32 bit OS than I'm not sure exactly where the problem is as most of the problems came from 64 bit OSes (and possibly dual screens, though I think that might have been incorrect).

Unfortunately there really is no fix outside of turning off gamma ramp (or completely futzing about your hardware/software, as you likely would have to change out the piece, be it OS or hardware, that is causing it)