NS2 Sparky Mentioned in "Podcast 17"

Dante2500Dante2500 Join Date: 2009-10-17 Member: 69071Members
edited December 2009 in NS2 General Discussion
The recent release of Spark Editor seems to have been noticed by the guys over at Podcast 17, and it was mentioned briefly a bit deeper into the rousing discussions.
A few quotes about NS2 and the Editor said by the speakers:

"Screenshots look fantastic"
"If DOOM and UT3 had a baby, this is what it would look like"
"Looks awesome"

One thing that annoyed me was someone in it said
"IF the game ever gets released" (Pfft) then "The games never going to come out anyway"

Then it goes into a discussion about "What do you think about releasing the Editor before the actual game?"
All in all, a good Podcast overall.

Also mentioned that I found interesting: Black Mesa Source, SHIFT, Athena, Orion, BLACKSECTOR. (You should check some of these! I'm tracking them all)

Link: <a href="http://podcast17.com/transmissions/c18449/" target="_blank">http://podcast17.com/transmissions/c18449/</a>

<b>(Watch from about 34:00 minutes to hear about NS2.)</b>

Comments

• doesephdoeseph Join Date: 2009-11-22 Member: 69467Members, NS2 Playtester, Subnautica Playtester
    Yeah that one fella sounded really depressed, pessimism is so easy to express.
  • SirotSirot Join Date: 2006-12-03 Member: 58851Members
    <!--quoteo(post=1742292:date=Dec 3 2009, 12:41 PM:name=doeseph)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(doeseph @ Dec 3 2009, 12:41 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1742292"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->Yeah that one fella sounded really depressed, pessimism is so easy to express.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

Ya.... poor fella : (
  • JimydJimyd Join Date: 2003-02-08 Member: 13289Members
    Sounded like a Valve FANBOY, the one guy that sounded sickk. Guess Duke Nukem Forever shattered all happiness in him, lol...

If anything, this game will get released, even if it has to be sold to some other company if UW goes bankrupt. Or maybe Open Source?

But we all do not want that to happen, so yeah. =)