Can i play this game?

sammyboysammyboy Join Date: 2009-11-19 Member: 69432Members
Hello I've got a simple question. I recently bought Counter-strike 1: Anthology and I wonder if it's possible for me to play this game.

Thanks in advance.

Comments

• ThansalThansal The New Scum Join Date: 2002-08-22 Member: 1215Members, Constellation
    As I doubt CS Anthology comes with Half Life, the answer is No.

you need Half Life to play NS (or any HL mod...)
  • SekerSeker Join Date: 2007-03-06 Member: 60259Members
    Thansal is right.

That's why the new packages suck, they cost more and CS and HL are split up between them.
    (not a so nice move of valve ;( )
  • ObamanismObamanism Join Date: 2009-11-20 Member: 69442Banned
    <!--quoteo(post=1738428:date=Nov 20 2009, 09:59 PM:name=Seker)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Seker @ Nov 20 2009, 09:59 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1738428"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->Thansal is right.

That's why the new packages suck, they cost more and CS and HL are split up between them.
    (not a so nice move of valve ;( )<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

Maybe the person should have bought an old version of Half-Life and maybe perhaps seen if he or she could have registered the key on Steam and get Half-Life on Steam... Correct me if i am wrong, but do developers or publishers tend to discontinue some online games due to being old? Has Valve been supporting a game on Steam over the years? Should they deserve to make some profit over old games? What about the overhead for running Steam? Is it the fault of a person who bought a newer release to assume it has Half-Life included if the box or package does not mention it? Should Counter-Strike run mods for the Half-Life engine? What is not so nice about a company wanting to make some money over an old game?
  • flying_mooseflying_moose Join Date: 2009-06-03 Member: 67676Members, Constellation
    The "not so nice move" he's referring to is half-life not being packaged with the "counterstrike 1 anthology", despite counterstrike originally requiring half-life to run.

the following games are included with the CS1:A and used to require HL to run.
    Ricochet
    Deathmatch Classic
    Counterstrike