Remote Control

CruorCruor Join Date: 2004-11-07 Member: 32677Members
Ok so here's my pitch.

Seeing as the Commander will get a little less to do in regards to the field as marines will take care of a lot of their own equipment needs, he could use some other form of pass time :D

So how about him having a right click context sensitive menu and by right clicking anything automated eg. drones, turrets etc. he gets a dropdown menu or a radial menu with all the normal commands etc. but somewhere in there is the exciting option of taking control over these in real time by remote control. In effect he would see what the drone sees or what the turret sees etc. and be able to initiate some rudimentary commands like aiming and firing the turret. Manoeuvering the drone to construct a building far out in the field or maybe use the drone in some offensive manor, also using the drone very effectively for early scouting.

If anything that requires his attention should arise he would get a pop up with a big button to log out of the remote control of the unit or he would simply be logged out automatically to the main overview view and the formely controlled unit would continue it's default orders.

Comments

• blitz_krieg001blitz_krieg001 Join Date: 2009-11-03 Member: 69237Members
    This might be handy for the mine laying drones (if they're still in) to get mines exactly where you want them, other than that though I don't think it's really worth the effort. It would be better to spend the time making sure the comm had comm things to do, rather than side distractions. Would be a fun mod though.