Lerk-lift

Renegade.Renegade. Join Date: 2003-01-15 Member: 12313Members, Constellation
<div class="IPBDescription">lerk-lift: a blast from the past</div>I haven't been around the forums since the hovering scorpian days, but news of NS2 has brought me back. And so I bring a suggestion from the past, that might do well in the future:
<b>Lerk-lift</b>
There was a while when every server was running the lerk-lift plugin, it encouraged such great teamwork and coordination I couldn't imagine why it wasn't in there in the first place.
For those who may not remember:
Lerk-lift gave the ability for a lerk to "lift" a gorge and carry it in flight. For balance, lerk speed can be halved and adren consumption doubled while carrying. To avoid griefing, gorge must be holding +jump in order for it to be picked up (an "up arrow" icon can be displayed as an indication to any passing lerks that the gorge needs a lift) and lerk "uses" gorge.

While on the topic of past suggestions:
<b>Laser mines</b>
I never understood why these were taken out. The whole idea of a mine isn't for it explode doing damage to the enemy - it's a tactical element used to deter the enemy from tripping it in the first place. There's nothing like that heat-of-the-moment strategy your faced with as a skulk looking into a matrix of red lasers wondering if it's worth a go at the IPs...

Comments

• Jamesbond007Jamesbond007 Join Date: 2007-11-30 Member: 63049Members
  • AlignAlign Remain Calm Join Date: 2002-11-02 Member: 5216Forum Moderators, Constellation
    I remember you. Not sure if I had any posts at the time.

Lerklift is overpowered, unfortunately. Part of the vulnerability of gorgey is his speed. Being fast and able to FLY is pretty crazy. Skulkavators take much more time to coordinate, so there's a more significant cost.
    Laser mines caused a lot of lag and weren't that great when the mines would explode wherever they sat rather than where the line was crossed - but if it can be done without lag, I say it would make a good secondary fire.
  • SekerSeker Join Date: 2007-03-06 Member: 60259Members
    Laser mines shouldnt be a big problem. Maybe they even implemented them ? ;D

But no lerk lift, anynways some one will Lua lerk lift in so no worry ...