Waiting on NS2. In the meantime...

ShinigamlShinigaml Join Date: 2009-11-09 Member: 69315Members
<div class="IPBDescription">NS1 Questions~</div>(Sorry to post this in NS2 GD but this is the best place to get an answer ASAP)

Hi, I've played NS back when it was released and IMO one of the best FPS games I've played. I believe it was about 4 years ago when I wanted to play it again but there wasn't as many players as there used to be (if I recall, the game was pretty dead). Since NS2 is coming out, I wanted to play NS again (addiction!! :>). I'm wondering if NS is still popular/playable. And is server population spread out between the 3 (I think) different NS versions (NS 1.0, 2.0, 3.0 or something like that). If so, which NS version has the highest population.

All I remember was that as more versions of NS increased, I disliked the game more and more. IMO NS 1.0 was the best!

Anyways, please help me clarify these questions for me as I am very confused about the whole NS 1.0 - 3.0 and the population of NS1 right now.

Thanks

Comments

• MegahaloMegahalo Join Date: 2005-01-06 Member: 33009Members
    <!--quoteo(post=1736820:date=Nov 9 2009, 12:51 AM:name=Shinigaml)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Shinigaml @ Nov 9 2009, 12:51 AM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1736820"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->(Sorry to post this in NS2 GD but this is the best place to get an answer ASAP)

Hi, I've played NS back when it was released and IMO one of the best FPS games I've played. I believe it was about 4 years ago when I wanted to play it again but there wasn't as many players as there used to be (if I recall, the game was pretty dead). Since NS2 is coming out, I wanted to play NS again (addiction!! :>). I'm wondering if NS is still popular/playable. And is server population spread out between the 3 (I think) different NS versions (NS 1.0, 2.0, 3.0 or something like that). If so, which NS version has the highest population.

All I remember was that as more versions of NS increased, I disliked the game more and more. IMO NS 1.0 was the best!

Anyways, please help me clarify these questions for me as I am very confused about the whole NS 1.0 - 3.0 and the population of NS1 right now.

Thanks<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

There are still a few good servers which support a healthy population of players. Download the game and check it out for yourself! As for if the population is spread out over different versions? I'm pretty sure (99.999%) that they are not.
  • BacillusBacillus Join Date: 2006-11-02 Member: 58241Members
    <!--quoteo(post=1736821:date=Nov 9 2009, 05:54 AM:name=Megahalo)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Megahalo @ Nov 9 2009, 05:54 AM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1736821"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->There are still a few good servers which support a healthy population of players. Download the game and check it out for yourself! As for if the population is spread out over different versions? I'm pretty sure (99.999%) that they are not.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->
    I think there was some spread while the WON-Steam transition was going on, but after that I haven't heard of any division between the version. There might be some 1.04 modification server for 3.2, but it's still basically a 3.2 with heavy modding and doesn't separate you from 3.2 in any way.

----

Both Euro and US scenes have got a few active public servers left. The skill level is rough for a newcomer though.
  • SekerSeker Join Date: 2007-03-06 Member: 60259Members
    Once in a time a true 1.04 server pops out but usually they disappear as fast as they come :P