Questions about cinematic editor

ThaTha Join Date: 2009-06-05 Member: 67694Members
<div class="IPBDescription">How exactly does it work again?</div>Just skimmed forums with search and i didn't find anything. Basically with cinematic editor, is it a thing you can run with friends? is it just for creating effects or do you actually made the *cinematic* in it? I'd imagine it would be for creating scenarios and animations such as marines hanging off ledges? It just sparked my interest really thinking about all the possibilities acting out our favorite scenes from the movie alien.

Also i heard the editors are coming out this month, anyone confirm?

Comments

• monopolowamonopolowa Join Date: 2004-05-23 Member: 28839Members
    The map editor is coming out this month, that's all we know for certain (others coming later)
  • sherpasherpa stopcommandermode Join Date: 2006-11-04 Member: 58338Members
    I think the short they released on ns2.com featuring the onos was made using the cinematic editor.
  • CrispixCrispix Join Date: 2007-01-10 Member: 59543Members, Constellation, Reinforced - Supporter, Reinforced - Silver, Reinforced - Gold, Reinforced - Diamond, Reinforced - Shadow
    Think 3DSM, but only being able to animate player models in their environments and not actually modelling a fresh new model(I assume that we could play around with the bone structure and stuff though in the cinematic editor, but I could always be wrong, we really really don't have all the details yet). There will most definately be default animations that will be in the final build of the game you could use, but I have no idea if it's going to be anything like Garry's mod, where you can warp the model to look like a bunch of polys that are squished so close to each other and it looks like a complete mess.

Here's a link for the "Effect" editor, but I do recall Max saying that the effect editor is pretty much a part of the cinematic editor.
    <a href="http://www.unknownworlds.com/ns2/2009/04/effect_editor_part_1" target="_blank">http://www.unknownworlds.com/ns2/2009/04/e...t_editor_part_1</a>

As the poster said above me, the NS2 teaser trailer was made in the cinematic editor, and yes just the level editor is coming out "early" this month. No clue how early it would be, but everyone is looking forward to it!

Hope that helps.

Btw, check the wiki if you can't find what you're looking for on the forums immediately. That's how I found that link.
    I don't remember them saying early...where does it say that?
  • FortuneFortune Join Date: 2009-04-27 Member: 67290Members, Constellation
    <!--quoteo(post=1736564:date=Nov 6 2009, 09:40 PM:name=monopolowa)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (monopolowa @ Nov 6 2009, 09:40 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1736564"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->I don't remember them saying early...where does it say that?<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

Everyone who preordered recieved an email detailing the new screenshot update and also stating:

<!--quoteo--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE </div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->We're also getting ready to release our "Spark" level editor. It will everything you need to start making NS2 levels and also to get a closer look at the dynamic lighting, art and tech in the game. In November we will be sending e-mail with download instructions to everyone that has pre-ordered.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->
    Yeah, I got that too...but it doesn't say "early" November, just sometime this month. Could be a thanksgiving weekend release or something
  • FortuneFortune Join Date: 2009-04-27 Member: 67290Members, Constellation
    My bad, didn't notice the 'this month' part. Optimism?

I know I've been checking my inbox every several hours after that update. Would be nice if it came out by the 10th.
  • CrispixCrispix Join Date: 2007-01-10 Member: 59543Members, Constellation, Reinforced - Supporter, Reinforced - Silver, Reinforced - Gold, Reinforced - Diamond, Reinforced - Shadow
    <!--quoteo(post=1736564:date=Nov 6 2009, 04:40 PM:name=monopolowa)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (monopolowa @ Nov 6 2009, 04:40 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1736564"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->I don't remember them saying early...where does it say that?<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

I might have read it as "early access" to the tools to those who pre-ordered. My bad. I think it was on the gamasutra article. All I remember was that I was incredibly sleepy that morning when I was at class, and I saw the interview pop up, and I was like "YEAHHHHHHHHH TOOLS NEXT MONTH EARLY!"..then later I read on the forums, "SCREENSHOTS BEING POSTED...YEAHHHHHHHHHH", and I went even more nuts once I saw the screenies. I then later got pissed drunk, and celebrated the night before NS1 turning 7 years old. Twas a good time.