Play NS with CS KEY ?

mvinyardmvinyard Join Date: 2009-10-27 Member: 69150Members
hello everyone

My name is MARC
i am new here.. but not new from the game( i lost my half life key )

so here is my question?;

I can buy a counter-strike 1.6 key
Will NS work on that to... i thought it does..
On steam, counter-strike and half life are both 9,99 each

Comments

• KungFuDiscoMonkeyKungFuDiscoMonkey Creator of ns_altair 日本福岡県 Join Date: 2003-03-15 Member: 14555Members, NS1 Playtester, Reinforced - Onos
    NS will require a HL1 key.
  • mvinyardmvinyard Join Date: 2009-10-27 Member: 69150Members
    edited October 2009
    oke damnit.. i realy thougt you can use a cs key to.. where is a cs key for then ??

do you know where i can buy a half life key.. we in holland dont use creditcard of paypal :P

edit:

<a href="http://www.unknownworlds.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=90801" target="_blank">http://www.unknownworlds.com/forums/index....showtopic=90801</a>

"This is easy. Go to your local computer software retailer and you should be able to buy it for about $10 or $15. Do not ever buy a key from someone or steal a key, as it will most likely always be in use.
    You can also get some of these other games and use their keys:
    Half-Life (Collectors Edition/Platinum Pack)
    Blue-Shift
    Counter-Strike
    Day of Defeat
    Gunman Chronicles"

So it is possible :O?
  • TinCanTinCan Join Date: 2006-12-11 Member: 59010Members
    Well then, install Steam, Browse Games. click Register product I already own... type in your CD key and let us know what happens?
  • ThansalThansal The New Scum Join Date: 2002-08-22 Member: 1215Members, Constellation
    <!--quoteo(post=1734188:date=Oct 27 2009, 06:47 PM:name=mvinyard)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (mvinyard @ Oct 27 2009, 06:47 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1734188"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->oke damnit.. i realy thougt you can use a cs key to.. where is a cs key for then ??

do you know where i can buy a half life key.. we in holland dont use creditcard of paypal :P

edit:

<a href="http://www.unknownworlds.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=90801" target="_blank">http://www.unknownworlds.com/forums/index....showtopic=90801</a>

"This is easy. Go to your local computer software retailer and you should be able to buy it for about $10 or $15. Do not ever buy a key from someone or steal a key, as it will most likely always be in use.
    You can also get some of these other games and use their keys:
    Half-Life (Collectors Edition/Platinum Pack)
    Blue-Shift
    Counter-Strike
    Day of Defeat
    Gunman Chronicles"

So it is possible :O?<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

Note when that post is from.

It also required CS:CZ, not CS. (I don't think that guide works any more)
  • slayer20slayer20 Killed a man once. Join Date: 2007-12-13 Member: 63157Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    If you own a disk copy of any old Half-Life game and use that CD key in Steam, it'll give you Half-Life and some other Half-Life games.
    edited October 2009
    yes but the problem is.. i lost my cd-key and dont know where i can get a half life 1 key ( i dont have paypal or creditcard )..
    there is a countr-strike key that i can buy..

<b>to Thansal</b> that install note is from this site(2005) but that sould be work i think ?? it will be realy dumb if not.. they can update that :P..
    NS and half life are from 2002 and earlyer... and that note is from 2005.

but im at work now once i got home i will try it.. maby do you guys know a place where i can buy a halflife key ?
    ______

And whatsup with NS 2, Q3 2009... is it already out :O?
  • ThansalThansal The New Scum Join Date: 2002-08-22 Member: 1215Members, Constellation
    Lots of things have changed in HL and Steam since 2005, the thread is buried for a reason :P

So again:
    1) The thread required CS:CZ, not CS. CS:CZ basically had all of the HL files in it, CS does not, don't ask me why, and they likely have changed this by now.
    2) Just go to a local game store, there is a decent chance they will have HL, or some bundle pack that has HL. If they don't have it on the shelf, ask them.
    3) Buy a prepaid Credit Card. I don't know how this works in Holland, but I know you can buy a prepaid credit card in a number of countries.
    Once i got home i will try Click and buy(insteam) .. and then i go for half life 1..
    I let you all hear if it works
    once i own the game .. i will play Natural Slection 1 and Team fotress 2 NON STOP

<!--quoteo(post=1734250:date=Oct 28 2009, 02:24 PM:name=Thansal)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Thansal @ Oct 28 2009, 02:24 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1734250"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->Lots of things have changed in HL and Steam since 2005, the thread is buried for a reason :P

So again:
    1) The thread required CS:CZ, not CS. CS:CZ basically had all of the HL files in it, CS does not, don't ask me why, and they likely have changed this by now.
    2) Just go to a local game store, there is a decent chance they will have HL, or some bundle pack that has HL. If they don't have it on the shelf, ask them.
    3) Buy a prepaid Credit Card. I don't know how this works in Holland, but I know you can buy a prepaid credit card in a number of countries.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->
  • ZiGGYZiGGY Join Date: 2003-01-19 Member: 12479Members
    <!--quoteo--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE </div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->i will play Natural Slection 1 and Team fotress 2 NON STOP<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

<.<;;
    <!--quoteo(post=1734278:date=Oct 28 2009, 01:43 PM:name=ZiGGY)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (ZiGGY @ Oct 28 2009, 01:43 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1734278"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec--><.<;;<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

ZiGGY is either:
    a) Pointing out that you will have become him at that point. (well, ok, he doesn't actually play TF2 any more)
    OR
    b) That your statement is kinda confusing, as TF2 is not a mod for HL, or even a free game at all, and would have to be purchased separately.