Constant Minimzing / Maximizing

tech_burntech_burn Join Date: 2009-10-27 Member: 69148Members
I just re-installed NS on my new computer and managed to get the game running. However, as soon as I respawn or join a team and it tells me I'm 'reinforcing', my screen will go into a constant minimizing / maximizing sequence until I respawn again. While this happens the screen flickers and I see a combination of my desktop and the game as well as hear the game's sound stutter. I have re-installed, tried previous versions, switched resolutions and tried all of the rendering modes. If anybody has any idea what could be causing this I would appreciate it as it is incredibly annoying.

I am running Windows 7 64-bit
Screen resolution of 1680 x 1050
Sli 8800GT video cards (Not sure if relevant)

-Tech

Comments

• ThansalThansal The New Scum Join Date: 2002-08-22 Member: 1215Members, Constellation
    basically:

It isn't NS.

things to do:
    1) Does HL run?

2) Close ALL other applications.
    3) Update ALL drivers
    4) Do a full malware scan.
  • tech_burntech_burn Join Date: 2009-10-27 Member: 69148Members
    edited October 2009
    I don't have Malware (fresh install of windows as of 2 days ago) I closed everything but core processes. Hl1 works just fine. What I didn't try was running the game in windowed mode. Turns out the error doesn't occur if the game is ran in a window. Then to make it more interesting I switched back to full screen and the problem went away completely. I have no idea what caused the problem or why running the game in a windowed mode, and then switching back to full screen fixes it. If anybody else has a similar problem then try toggling windowed mode.