I wrote an iPhone app :D

DOOManiacDOOManiac Worst. Critic. Ever. Join Date: 2002-04-17 Member: 462Members, NS1 Playtester
<div class="IPBDescription">And I need some beta testers!</div>As some of you may already be aware, a few months back I started working on learning how to develop apps for the iPhone. Well my first one is nearly done!

It's called Cocoa Tasks, and it's a task list app.

"Why a task list app", you may ask, "when there are already 100+ in the app store?" Well they all suck. I didn't like any of them, so I decided to write my own. I wanted a very simple app (no need for Exchange/Google/etc syncing) that visually matched the iPhone's native apps look & feel (i.e. didn't look like crap). Hopefully others feel the same and I'll find my niche of users who like the app for what it is.

Which is where you guys come in, because I need some beta testers. I've already found a few bugs that only show up on my 3GS and not my first-gen iPhone for some stupid reason, so I'd really like to test the app on a wide variety of devices before publishing.

If you're interested in helping out, or just want to see a demo of the app, check out <a href="http://www.cocoatasks.com/" target="_blank">www.cocoatasks.com</a> and follow the instructions to sign up. :D

Comments

• SvenpaSvenpa Wait, what? Join Date: 2004-01-03 Member: 25012Members, Constellation
    edited October 2009
    When you click the tasks button (after assigning tasks), shouldn't it open and reveal the highest ranked task first, instead of standard priority? Perhaps it just opens the most recently viewed task by default, I dunno. Just something I noticed.

No, I dont own a iphone.
  • DOOManiacDOOManiac Worst. Critic. Ever. Join Date: 2002-04-17 Member: 462Members, NS1 Playtester
    Not sure what you're talking about.

When you run the program it goes to the list of all tasks, unless you were looking at an individual one when you quit. In that case it goes back to the one you were looking at...
  • ThaldarinThaldarin Alonzi&#33; Join Date: 2003-07-15 Member: 18173Members, Constellation
    I'm just off out now Doom, I'll sign up over the weekend and give you feedback on IRC if you're on this weekend :)
  • SvenpaSvenpa Wait, what? Join Date: 2004-01-03 Member: 25012Members, Constellation
    <!--quoteo(post=1733556:date=Oct 23 2009, 01:38 AM:name=DOOManiac)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (DOOManiac @ Oct 23 2009, 01:38 AM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1733556"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->Not sure what you're talking about.

When you run the program it goes to the list of all tasks, unless you were looking at an individual one when you quit. In that case it goes back to the one you were looking at...<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

Oh, nevermind then.