So If i get the pre order now.... Will i be able to feed it to steam later?

-Diesel--Diesel- Join Date: 2009-09-13 Member: 68769Members
Well It seems like there is not going to be a retail version of this game. So the only way to go is thru online purchase :Sigh:

Now, If a person buys the game from the UW website and then plugs the CD key into steam... will it become the same as if you bought it off steam?

Thank you for responses.

Comments

• [WHO]Mr.Black[WHO]Mr.Black Join Date: 2009-06-14 Member: 67841Members
    <!--quoteo(post=1728768:date=Sep 24 2009, 04:11 PM:name=-Diesel-)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (-Diesel- @ Sep 24 2009, 04:11 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1728768"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->Well It seems like there is not going to be a retail version of this game. So the only way to go is thru online purchase :Sigh:

Now, If a person buys the game from the UW website and then plugs the CD key into steam... will it become the same as if you bought it off steam?

Thank you for responses.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->
    <,< If they do use steam, then yes. You can probably also just download it from their website if you order it.
  • -Diesel--Diesel- Join Date: 2009-09-13 Member: 68769Members
    edited September 2009
  • DawormDaworm Join Date: 2009-06-22 Member: 67900Members
    <!--quoteo(post=1728769:date=Sep 25 2009, 10:12 AM:name=[WHO]Mr.Black)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE ([WHO]Mr.Black @ Sep 25 2009, 10:12 AM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1728769"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->
    <,< If they do use steam, then yes. You can probably also just download it from their website if you order it.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->
    They are hoping this is the case with pre-orders, but no 100% confirmation last I have seen.
  • InsaneInsane Anomaly Join Date: 2002-05-13 Member: 605Members, Super Administrators, Forum Admins, NS1 Playtester, Forum Moderators, NS2 Developer, Constellation, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, NS2 Map Tester, Subnautica Developer, Pistachionauts, Future Perfect Developer
    This question has come up a lot on the forums. The answers to pre-order questions can be found <a href="http://www.naturalselection2.com/preorderfaq" target="_blank">here</a>. They expect to be able to plug the game into Steam, but need confirmation from Valve before guaranteeing that.

I'm going to lock this as there have already been plenty of threads on the topic.
This discussion has been closed.