NS2 to be released This month?

-Diesel--Diesel- Join Date: 2009-09-13 Member: 68769Members
<div class="IPBDescription">Is that possible? Alpha isn't even out yet.</div>Well, the teaser says that the game will be released in fall 2009..

Fall started about 2 days ago, A little more than a month from now winter will start.. which means fall will be finished.

What I'm wondering is.. Will NS2 really be released in the next month, the reason why I'm asking is because we haven't had the alpha yet or even gameplay screenshots. The most I've seen is renders ( not sure if there is more though ) Is UW done but just keeping the stuff for scheduled releases? Or is the game not going to be released in fall and UW is just yanking our chains?

Feel free to offer your ideas, just don't flame or rant... because there is really no need to.

Comments

• [WHO]Mr.Black[WHO]Mr.Black Join Date: 2009-06-14 Member: 67841Members
    You seriously need to ask this now? >.<
    If we get an Alpha this year, I'll be happy. The worst thing that could happen is if they release the game NOW. It's not done yet! Plus that means I blew 40 bucks on non-existent Alpha access.
  • -Diesel--Diesel- Join Date: 2009-09-13 Member: 68769Members
    <!--quoteo(post=1728758:date=Sep 24 2009, 06:36 PM:name=[WHO]Mr.Black)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE ([WHO]Mr.Black @ Sep 24 2009, 06:36 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1728758"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->
    You seriously need to ask this now? >.<
    If we get an Alpha this year, I'll be happy. The worst thing that could happen is if they release the game NOW. It's not done yet! Plus that means I blew 40 bucks on non-existent Alpha access.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

Don't forget the Beta also.

Who knows, they might be 100% finished and are just hogging all the content. It wouldn't be the first time game devs do that :)

I hope to have a dev answer us, I'm seriously longing for a good game, and I'm sure that none of us can wait. Since most of the crap that is released today isn't worth half the starting price of NS2.
  • EpidemicEpidemic Dark Force Gorge Join Date: 2003-06-29 Member: 17781Members
    The term Alpha is getting abit dilluted due to companies trowing them as promonational gimmicks, but in my world, alphas only include the bare game mechanics and 1/3 of the content, so launching the alpha before the game is done is actually pretty much what the term implies.
    edited September 2009
    <!--quoteo(post=1728760:date=Sep 24 2009, 06:42 PM:name=Epidemic)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Epidemic @ Sep 24 2009, 06:42 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1728760"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->The term Alpha is getting abit dilluted due to companies trowing them as promonational gimmicks, but in my world, <b>alphas only include the bare game mechanics and 1/3 of the content</b>, so launching the alpha before the game is done is actually pretty much what the term implies.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

Yes that is true.

I've personally never seen that happen.

Alpha to Epsilon (the version the game raters get)

is a long way. It is hard to beleive when all the content is forced into the alpha on first release. Usually it is just a Beta... w/o the fixes and maybe a few weapons missing.
  • whocareswcwhocareswc Join Date: 2007-07-31 Member: 61735Members
    from reading tweets and posts the alpha will be playable but not multi at first.

i suppose when they make it multi it will be the beta
    <!--quoteo(post=1728762:date=Sep 24 2009, 06:46 PM:name=whocareswc)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (whocareswc @ Sep 24 2009, 06:46 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1728762"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->from reading tweets and posts the alpha will be playable but not multi at first.

i suppose when they make it multi it will be the beta<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

So you can just run around? Wonder when that will be released.
  • KungFuDiscoMonkeyKungFuDiscoMonkey Creator of ns_altair 日本福岡県 Join Date: 2003-03-15 Member: 14555Members, NS1 Playtester, Reinforced - Onos
    Patience is a virtue. Locked to prevent spread of rumors.
This discussion has been closed.