trying to host server

Crimedog84Crimedog84 Join Date: 2009-08-14 Member: 68485Members
I have a dedicated server box, and I am trying to get an NS server up and running on it.

The valve files I have should all be up to date, I just purchased this server under a week ago and the files were all put on then. Even so I have tried to run hldsupdatetool to make sure, but for some reason it keeps coming back saying old ticket, or something like that. No matter what I try, I was able to update other files a couple of days ago, I'm not sure what this means to be honest, but it may not be a problem as I said the files should be all up to date. I will go back here in a minute and try it with a verify_all just to try that as well.

Anyways, when I start the server I get a bunch of cvars setting and then it has this error:

steamservice.cpp (275) : Assertion Failed: Failed to start in-process Steam Serv
ice

and then it tries to restart again and I get this:

couldn't exec config.cfg
L 08/14/2009 - 22:55:01: Contacting www.natural-selection.org...
Connection to Steam servers successful.
VAC secure mode is activated.

Which it ends up being on the map boot_camp even if I set +map co_pulse in the shortcuts command line. I don't know what, if anything, is supposed to be in config.cfg for the server. But I don't have that file. And when I try to join the server it gives some stupid steam verification error. One I've never seen before. But I can still join other servers so it's not just me.

I saved the whole log file if you need any more of it. Best I can tell is it has something to do with this:

L 08/14/2009 - 22:54:58: Server cvar "sv_region" = "-1"

But server.cfg it's set to 0 are there any other files that affect this?

Also comes back later on as this:
L 08/14/2009 - 22:54:59: Server cvar "sv_region" = "255"

Right after the steamservice error.

And not to add further confusion to this, but I checked through the rest of the log and after that, every time it sets sv_region after that it sets it to 0. And still the problem.

I am going to try some stuff, like I said, to see what I can come up with. But I am quite confused, so if anyone has ideas, PLEASE!!

Comments

• PaiSandPaiSand Join Date: 2005-01-07 Member: 33487Members
    Try here:
    <a href="http://www.unknownworlds.com/ns/forums/index.php?showforum=8" target="_blank">http://www.unknownworlds.com/ns/forums/index.php?showforum=8</a>

Is for server support