door problem

HairyPomegranateHairyPomegranate Join Date: 2007-01-18 Member: 59673Members
My doors only seem to work when I select Up or Down from the angle selection. I want a door to move at a 180 degree angle on the Z axis (yaw) (similar to the blast doors at the underground marine base near the beginning of metroid prime: echoes) but it simply will not move when i set it to this setting. After tinkering with the fields (a lot) I realized it was the angle. Is there something wrong with yaws in natural selection? I am using zoners compiling tools, so this might be a (the) problem. I heard ZHLT was the best, though.

Here is a link to a picture of how i want the misbehaving door to move, in case you haven't played metroid prime echoes: <a href="http://filesmelt.com/downloader/bad_door.png" target="_blank">http://filesmelt.com/downloader/bad_door.png</a>

Comments

• Kouji_SanKouji_San Sr. Hινε Uρкεερεг - EUPT Deputy The Netherlands Join Date: 2003-05-13 Member: 16271Members, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue
    edited August 2009
    Yaw is the only one that will work. It has Up and Down in it's dropdownlist. But you can use the black circle/clock thingy to select an angle, this angle is relative to the <i>top (x/y)</i> view. It can range from 0-359

[edit]
    Movement on the Z-axis is actually Up and Down btw
  • HairyPomegranateHairyPomegranate Join Date: 2007-01-18 Member: 59673Members
    edited August 2009
    Yes, this is what I've been using but it still refuses to move without down or up as an option xD
  • Kouji_SanKouji_San Sr. Hινε Uρкεερεг - EUPT Deputy The Netherlands Join Date: 2003-05-13 Member: 16271Members, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue
    edited August 2009
    Hmm, are you using a trigger/button or something similar to activate the door? NS doors will not move unless triggered. There was a bug way back with the commander view moving over a door, which would triggering it.

What is that NULL textured brush, is that your trigger perhaps?
    edited August 2009
    it is indeed the trigger_multiple whose target is door01 (the door in question). I wanted a pad on the floor that triggered the door ^_^

of course, this might have problems with the commander as well. Is there a filter i can use to prevent commander from activating the trigger_multiple?