MASC / Welder & Builder Bot/s

DawormDaworm Join Date: 2009-06-22 Member: 67900Members
<div class="IPBDescription">- Can we get more info?</div>I'd like some more info on the MASC / Welder and Builder Bot/s.

Sort of how many can be controlled per Commander?

Will it be 1 of each per CC? So if marines have 2 techs they can potentially have 2 masc / 2 builder / 2 welder bots?

Or will it be only one controllable by the individual Commander at a time?
So 2 tech's equal a combination (individual commander choice) of
* 1 Masc and 1 builder
* 2 Masc's
* 1 builder and 1 welder

So on and so forth.

I'm leaning more to the only 1 of the 3 to be controllable at any one time by a commander.
If a commander wants to convert them to another type, can they just "decommission" the current one being controlled and build a new one at base, or must they return it to a nearby CC / Armory or perhaps a "bot factory" which might produce the unit to convert it?

Comments

• NeoSniperNeoSniper Join Date: 2005-06-02 Member: 52976Members
    <!--quoteo(post=1721125:date=Aug 6 2009, 10:06 PM:name=Daworm)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Daworm @ Aug 6 2009, 10:06 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1721125"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->...
    I'm leaning more to the only 1 of the 3 to be controllable at any one time by a commander.
    ...<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

I'm leaning towards no limit. Just have them cost resources. The more you use the more it cost and the more likely you are to lose any one of them if you're attention is divided. However better coms will be able to manage more.

*MASC is probably going to be very expensive so using 2 would be very powerful but also very risky if your plan fail.
    *Weld/Build bots are probably going to be weak so if you make more to be able to do more in different place then be prepared to lose them.
    *Also all bot's and MASC in the field should be controllable by all commanders (or at least give the creator the ability to share control or not)

Yeah, no limit sounds best.

I would also LOVE to hear more details about all of these too!
  • SentrySteveSentrySteve .txt Join Date: 2002-03-09 Member: 290Members, Constellation
  • AsranielAsraniel Join Date: 2002-06-03 Member: 724Members, Playtest Lead, Forum Moderators, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Shadow, Subnautica Playtester, Retired Community Developer
    no limit or a limit like in star craft where you have to build a certain building to up that limit