PLanetside Free for a month

ComproxComprox *chortle*Canada Join Date: 2002-01-23 Member: 7Members, Super Administrators, Forum Admins, NS1 Playtester, NS2 Developer, Constellation, NS2 Playtester, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Silver, Subnautica Developer, Subnautica Playtester, Pistachionauts
<div class="IPBDescription">for old subscribers</div>I saw someone mention this in another topic and glanced at an old email account and found it to be true. I want to give it a spin, but damned if I know how to get the client or activate it anything. Anyone know?

Comments

• AlignAlign Remain Calm Join Date: 2002-11-02 Member: 5216Forum Moderators, Constellation
    I bought it via Direct2Drive ages ago and am redownloading it now. I can put a torrent up in, hm, an hour and a half if no other solution has presented itself before then. It's nearly 2 GB mind you.
  • AldarisAldaris Join Date: 2002-03-25 Member: 351Members, Constellation
    Comprox, go to <a href="http://www.station.sony.com/" target="_blank">http://www.station.sony.com/</a> and on the right, there down be an area called Station Launcher. Download that. Enter your login details, and it should come up with a list of games, of which Planetside will have XX amount of days remaining. Click on that, and follow it through :)
  • RobRob Unknown Enemy Join Date: 2002-01-24 Member: 25Members, NS1 Playtester
    Oh man, I need to remember my password.
  • locallyunscenelocallyunscene Feeder of Trolls Join Date: 2002-12-25 Member: 11528Members, Constellation
    <!--quoteo(post=1719834:date=Jul 28 2009, 03:41 PM:name=Rob)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Rob @ Jul 28 2009, 03:41 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1719834"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->Oh man, I need to remember my password.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->
    <span style='color:#000000;background:#000000'>12345</span>
  • ComproxComprox *chortle* Canada Join Date: 2002-01-23 Member: 7Members, Super Administrators, Forum Admins, NS1 Playtester, NS2 Developer, Constellation, NS2 Playtester, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Silver, Subnautica Developer, Subnautica Playtester, Pistachionauts
    Hey, it's all setup for a Spaceballs reference!

On a side note, god Windows 7 is not compatible with assey coded stuff like the Station Launcher. That was an exercise in frustration to get going. At least it is downloading now, thanks :)
  • Paranoia2MBParanoia2MB Join Date: 2002-11-09 Member: 7832Members
    edited July 2009
    Too lazy to quote me Prox?
    lol

"
    PlanetSide Customer Service Notification

Greetings Soldier of Auraxis!

In the interest in maintaining a high level of competition and gameplay within the three empires of PlanetSide®, the Werner server will be merged into the Gemini server on August 25, 2009.

Starting today, as a part of a select group of past PlanetSide players, you will be able to log in for free* until August 26, 2009!

Preserve your Legacy! After the merge, many character names will be duplicated, and priority will be given to players who have logged in most recently and to those who created their names first. (See below for name change details.)

As a thank you to our loyal PlanetSide players, special merits will be given to native Werner players to represent your past server. Characters will receive their merits upon logging in to Gemini for the first time after the server merge is complete.

If you haven't played in a while come check out what's new in PlanetSide! Experience elevated battles and more competitive play!
    "

~!THIS OFFER IS ONLY GOOD FOR PEOPLE WHO USED TO PLAY!~
    edited July 2009
    <!--quoteo(post=1719836:date=Jul 28 2009, 04:00 PM:name=locallyunscene)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (locallyunscene @ Jul 28 2009, 04:00 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1719836"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec--><span style='color:#000000;background:#000000'>12345</span><!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

Thanks!

[Edit]That's also the same as my luggage combination! And now I feel dirty.
  • AlignAlign Remain Calm Join Date: 2002-11-02 Member: 5216Forum Moderators, Constellation
    Well, just had a few hours of fun (although most of it was spent being bored in captured bases and warp Qs. that game really needs a card game or something you can play with people in the same zone), and even got in an outfit, "Death and Destruction". Got several oldtimers returning for the free playtime in it, apparently, so that was cool. Didn't even notice the 180 ping!
    I remember when I first played, I was young and stupid and sent angry /tells to anyone who killed me in a bull###### way. Bad times, bad times...
    Had some fun with the rocklet rifle. On a whim grabbed frag ammo, which I don't remember turning it into a semi-efficient flak weapon, but it worked pretty good though I do say so myself.
    Yay, 12345 worked!

Anyway, anyone up for crazy tactics? Is there still a LoadStar thing? I've always wanted to try and air drop at least 10 tanks at the same time with those things.

I've got a 10 person ventrillo server from GameServers I can offer up and expand to more slots if need be.
  • remiremi remedy [blu.knight] Join Date: 2003-11-18 Member: 23112Members, Super Administrators, Forum Admins, NS2 Developer, NS2 Playtester
    Is there any sort of free trial for people that weren't past subscribers?
    I'm sure there may be a free short trial somewhere, but other than that, nay.
  • MonkfishMonkfish Sonic-boom-inducing buttcheeks of terrifying speed&#33; Join Date: 2003-06-03 Member: 16972Members
    <!--quoteo(post=1719871:date=Jul 28 2009, 11:39 PM:name=Psyke)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Psyke @ Jul 28 2009, 11:39 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1719871"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->Is there any sort of free trial for people that weren't past subscribers?<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

Yeah you just download PS from their website and it'll ask you if you want a free trial when you make a new station account.
  • remiremi remedy [blu.knight] Join Date: 2003-11-18 Member: 23112Members, Super Administrators, Forum Admins, NS2 Developer, NS2 Playtester
    Well if you guys are playing I'd be down to try it. :)
    What server btw?

There are different servers. :P
    Noone plays on Werner (literally, zero pop) now so just go Gemini
  • DrfuzzyDrfuzzy FEW... MORE.... INCHES... Join Date: 2003-09-21 Member: 21094Members
    edited July 2009
    Hell yeah im downloading now, hopefully i still got my 2 year sniper rifle. Do you get the newer perks if you haven't had an account since then?

/e aww what a ###### i think they deleted my account :/
  • lolfighterlolfighter Snark, Dire Join Date: 2003-04-20 Member: 15693Members
    Dunno. The 2-year sniper rifle (Scout Rifle I think?) can also be acquired through the sniping cert though, which you should get if you plan on sniping because the Bolt Driver is far better.
  • sheena_yanaisheena_yanai Join Date: 2002-12-23 Member: 11426Members
    omg... omg... the planet side... and one month playtime.... not enough to gank the lawlfightor over and over again with ma Lodestar :D
  • lolfighterlolfighter Snark, Dire Join Date: 2003-04-20 Member: 15693Members
    Except I'm not in the game?
  • sheena_yanaisheena_yanai Join Date: 2002-12-23 Member: 11426Members
    ya...me too, just realized that i wont download that crap again