New Dedicated Server Host: Hostedd.com

integriiintegrii Join Date: 2009-07-25 Member: 68264Members
So I've just launched a new dedicated game server hosting deal at hostedd.com. Right now I'm not taking any money from it, only hosting at cost prices or slightly under in some cases.

My reason for posting here is to ask if the community would be interested in purchasing any dedicated NS servers from a professional host who is just starting out.

I would be happy to deploy this mod and add it to my system if someone is seriously interested, much like i have with garrys mod and Empires.

I also am curious if I could get into hosting NS2 servers right as they come out. If anyone is interested in picking up a server from me or letting me host NS2 servers in the future, let me know and I'll get right back to you.

eric@hostedd.com
hostedd.com

Thanks everyone!

Comments

• DawormDaworm Join Date: 2009-06-22 Member: 67900Members
    <!--quoteo(post=1719361:date=Jul 26 2009, 01:09 PM:name=integrii)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (integrii @ Jul 26 2009, 01:09 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1719361"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->I also am curious if I could get into hosting NS2 servers right as they come out.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->
    Sure!

Just the same as every other hosting company / group / fan out there.
    At launch (heck, even during <b>Beta</b>) there will be some form of dedicated server files available, and with luck and sufficient testing, stable linux dedicated files available.

But at launch the files for hosting a dedicated will be available to anyone.
  • Blue21Blue21 Join Date: 2009-06-29 Member: 67970Members
    How much would a NS server run per slot?
  • PaiN_fuLPaiN_fuL Join Date: 2009-06-30 Member: 67985Members, Constellation
    Yes! I have been looking for other NS server hosts. I would also like to know what you would run per slot. I see hosts with NS running 60$ for a freaking 16 slot server.
  • integriiintegrii Join Date: 2009-07-25 Member: 68264Members
    Hey guys,

Sorry I haven't replied - I forgot to set notifications for this thread apparently.

I haven't bandwidth profiled NS yet and obviously havent been able to get my hands on NS2, but I will host it up in just a minute and report back some pricing.

Thank you!
    And here we are:

I went ahead and checked out classic NS and it hosts quite easily!

<a href="http://hostedd.com/hl2-natural-selection-mod.htm" target="_blank">http://hostedd.com/hl2-natural-selection-mod.htm</a>

The site is up and ready for orders! Here's the pricing breakdown:

Pricing Breakdown (Public)
    8 Slots: $6.00/mo
    16 Slots: $12.00/mo
    24 Slots: $18.00/mo
    32 Slots: $24.00/mo

Pricing Breakdown (Private)
    8 Slots: $5.00/mo
    16 Slots: $8.80/mo
    24 Slots: $13.20/mo
  • Blue21Blue21 Join Date: 2009-06-29 Member: 67970Members
    Amazing prices, what kind of hardware are you running these on and how many game servers do you running on a single server machine?
  • DawormDaworm Join Date: 2009-06-22 Member: 67900Members
    How is that cpanel gaming host setup?

Easy to manage?
    <!--quoteo(post=1720460:date=Aug 3 2009, 07:47 AM:name=Daworm)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Daworm @ Aug 3 2009, 07:47 AM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1720460"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->How is that cpanel gaming host setup?

Easy to manage?<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

We're using swiftpanel for our backend CP. It's very straight forward. We also provide SSH and FTP access beyond the CP's WebFTP.

Check the control panel demo out:

<a href="http://panel.hostedd.com/" target="_blank">http://panel.hostedd.com/</a>
    user test@hostedd.com
    pass test
    <!--quoteo(post=1720321:date=Aug 1 2009, 03:51 PM:name=Blue21)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Blue21 @ Aug 1 2009, 03:51 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1720321"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->Amazing prices, what kind of hardware are you running these on and how many game servers do you running on a single server machine?<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

It varies right now, but if we start selling even faster I'm sure we'll settle on some sort of default system order. We leave a lot of space because we definitely don't want to risk any lag or unhappy customers in a new company. One system has 4 cores and another has 8. At least 8GB of memory each.

I've been playing the number of gameservers by ear. For example, a L4D server takes very different resources than a CS:S server.