Alien building animations and ideas

sinbusinbu Join Date: 2003-02-02 Member: 12994Members, Constellation, Reinforced - Shadow
I just got my tonsils out, and thought I'd throw you some ideas I've been having since I'm high on oxycodiene. First, I envision alien buildings automatically building on the "dynamic infestation," but not on plain ground. The gorge can of course speed up the build on infestation, but have to help it foster on plain ground (or just make it build really slowly). Then I wish that the buildings have an awesome growing animation, like maybe how the night elf in Warcraft summon buildings, but with a spore like theme rather than a tree like theme. Like offensive chambers explode like some dangerous fungi do with spores that turn into the infestation.

Just random thoughts. Of course, I have no idea if this fits in with game mechanics, but with what I know, I think this is kewl

Sinbu

Comments

• HybridclawHybridclaw Join Date: 2003-11-03 Member: 22271Members
    I had a somewhat opposite idea, I envisioned alien buildings built on plain ground and causing a small patch of "dynamic infestation" to grow in the surrounding area.

I do agree with the second idea of growing animations for alien buildings. I would also want to see the gorge produce a glob of bacterium from its mouth from which the building start growing from.
  • slayer20slayer20 Killed a man once. Join Date: 2007-12-13 Member: 63157Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    I would like to be able to place structures anywhere I want. Building an OC base right outside MS could slow them down and I don't want to have to wait for DI to get all the way to their base.
  • IeptBarakatIeptBarakat The most difficult name to speak ingame. Join Date: 2009-07-10 Member: 68107Members, Constellation, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Diamond, Reinforced - Shadow
    edited January 2010
    Would be cool if the structure infestation connects to the hive infestation, the structures would slowly regenerate as well. Adding a structure bonus for the alien structures built in the infestation, and the structures that help spread the infestation. Minor regeneration, possibly getting stronger the closer they are to the hive.
  • SentrySteveSentrySteve .txt Join Date: 2002-03-09 Member: 290Members, Constellation
    Many people think NS2 lost some of the "two different sides" aspect since the introduction of the alien commander. Having DI work like this sounds identical to the marine's power grid. I'm hoping for something different.