Do you guys want Natural Selection 2 to get flooded with people?

13»

Comments

• sicbudsicbud Join Date: 2009-07-08 Member: 68083Members
    I do. I don't want the entire community to be filled with only people who played the ###### out of NS!. I'd like to be able to play with some more noobs like myself.

Besides, the more people, means more money for the developers. And let's face it, indie developers need all the money they can get.
  • HeymanHeyman Join Date: 2005-03-29 Member: 46895Members
    I would feel like an elitist ###### if I said no.

Of course I want new players!

1) New players means more money to UW.

2) Means more people in addition our community.

3) More people to play with.

4) New players don't stay new.

5) A controlled community is a stagnant one.
  • XeZoXeZo Join Date: 2006-11-14 Member: 58597Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    <!--quoteo(post=1714009:date=Jun 25 2009, 11:35 PM:name=Flipster)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Flipster @ Jun 25 2009, 11:35 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1714009"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->I know that Natural Selection is a small group of people who usually play it, but when Natural Selection 2 comes out, do you want a lot of people to play it?<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

ummm.. yes?? why the heck wouldn't I want lots of people to play with??? :S
  • JerunkJerunk Join Date: 2002-11-22 Member: 9659Members
    Natural Selection used to have a very large following, probably the most players out of any 3rd party mod for HL1, a lot of you guys came around after the game was changed very drastically.

For the benefit of everyone, you should hope tons of people purchase and play NS2, and they do it right, like they did with the initial release of NS, the game will have a huge following again.
  • -Diesel--Diesel- Join Date: 2009-09-13 Member: 68769Members
    As long as they are nice people...

sure.

But no little kids or idiots.
  • TychoCelchuuuTychoCelchuuu Anememone Join Date: 2002-03-23 Member: 345Members
    <!--quoteo(post=1728767:date=Sep 24 2009, 07:06 PM:name=-Diesel-)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (-Diesel- @ Sep 24 2009, 07:06 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1728767"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->As long as they are nice people...

sure.

But no little kids or idiots.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->
    Unfortunately there are no other kinds of people on the Internet.
  • Nima_Nima_ Join Date: 2007-08-30 Member: 62083Members
    Really stupid question, we want as many people to play NS2 as possible..
  • Chris0132Chris0132 Join Date: 2009-07-25 Member: 68262Members
    No I want it to be a complete failure and for UWE to close down and never make another game again.

I want all games to do well, that's the point of games, to do well and make lots of money, bonus points if people enjoy them, although that's usually a good way of ensuring they make money.
  • DelphicDelphic Join Date: 2006-11-02 Member: 58262Members
    I want lots of people so I have noobs to pwn.
  • -Diesel--Diesel- Join Date: 2009-09-13 Member: 68769Members
    I wonder if we will have a NS3.

Hehehe
  • ThaldarinThaldarin Alonzi&#33; Join Date: 2003-07-15 Member: 18173Members, Constellation
    <!--quoteo(post=1728857:date=Sep 25 2009, 09:04 PM:name=-Diesel-)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (-Diesel- @ Sep 25 2009, 09:04 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1728857"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->I wonder if we will have a NS3.

Hehehe<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

I wouldn't count on it.
  • AshkajioniAshkajioni Ashkajioni Join Date: 2003-02-25 Member: 13995Members
    The more the better! There is definatly nothing good about fewer players!!

Who cares if there kids? Granted there voices over VC can cause inner ear trama... We're adults and we should be good role models for the internet :P (since there parents arn't raising em!! j/k of course)

And you'll get alot of people like me returning who obsessed with NS1 in its hay-day. So mixed in with all the 'nubs' you'll get good players that just gotta work the rust off.

I excitedly explained to all my friends that my Favorite mod of ALL TIME is being updated and improved in so many ways only to hear them say ''I've never heard of that game''. I plan to shake them up and get them to play with eventually (probably after starcraft 2 is alittle less new to them).
  • NeoSniperNeoSniper Join Date: 2005-06-02 Member: 52976Members
    I want NS2 to have lots of players because I want NS2 to be a commercial success. Therefore paving the way for more FPS/RTS hybrid games in the future. Based on my experience with NS, Empires, and even the Tribes series to a very small degree. I'd say that the FPS/RTS genre is my favorite and want more game developers to explore this formula. Also I love the way that UWE has handled the NS2 blog and development process and for that and NS1...I wish NS2 success and lots and lots of players the more the merrier.

I especially want the NS1 community to be supportive of NS2 and the new players than join the franchise.
  • borsukborsuk Join Date: 2009-06-06 Member: 67717Members
    This is simple. The more, the better. With fewer players you don't automatically get better community. Those people have to come from somewhere. Similarly, you can argue all day that clan players or clan play is the best - but they are nothing without pubs and newbie players they scorn so much. People who recognize that NS2 is (hopefully !) a good game will stay, the rest will leave for a shinier game or never buy it in the first place if all they care about is most bling.
  • SirotSirot Join Date: 2006-12-03 Member: 58851Members
    Who brought this thread back to life? Urgh. I didn't reply to it when it did to avoid keeping it up here, but that didn't cause it drop down as it should have.

Yes, more of a good thing (more players) is <i>good</i> and I good things to happen.