Betty Bowers

puzlpuzl The Old Firm Join Date: 2003-02-26 Member: 14029Retired Developer, NS1 Playtester, Forum Moderators, Constellation
<div class="IPBDescription">America's Best Christian</div>From the satirists behind www.landoverbaptist.org.

<a href="http://www.bettybowers.com/" target="_blank">http://www.bettybowers.com/</a>

Funny stuff.

Comments

• DrfuzzyDrfuzzy FEW... MORE.... INCHES... Join Date: 2003-09-21 Member: 21094Members
    hehe made me giggle.

needs moar chick comics
  • AbraAbra Would you kindly Join Date: 2003-08-17 Member: 19870Members
    <!--quoteo(post=1711489:date=Jun 9 2009, 09:52 PM:name=Drfuzzy)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Drfuzzy @ Jun 9 2009, 09:52 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1711489"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->hehe made me giggle.

needs moar chick comics<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

She's funny, but I might not agree.Female comics tend to make jokes about female stuff, which to me isn't funny.

TODAY I BOUGHT A PURSE AND OMG IT WAS WRONG COLOR.

edit: I don't fully endorse my own message here.
  • TesseractTesseract Join Date: 2007-06-21 Member: 61328Members, Constellation
    <!--quoteo(post=1711589:date=Jun 10 2009, 07:20 AM:name=Abra)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Abra @ Jun 10 2009, 07:20 AM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1711589"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->She's funny, but I might not agree.Female comics tend to make jokes about female stuff, which to me isn't funny.

TODAY I BOUGHT A PURSE AND OMG IT WAS WRONG COLOR.

edit: I don't fully endorse my own message here.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->
    ITT: Sexism.
  • InsaneInsane Anomaly Join Date: 2002-05-13 Member: 605Members, Super Administrators, Forum Admins, NS1 Playtester, Forum Moderators, NS2 Developer, Constellation, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, NS2 Map Tester, Subnautica Developer, Pistachionauts, Future Perfect Developer
    I believe he was talking about the comic strips of Jack Chick, rather than female comedians (crassly overgeneralised or otherwise).
  • DrfuzzyDrfuzzy FEW... MORE.... INCHES... Join Date: 2003-09-21 Member: 21094Members
    <!--quoteo(post=1711624:date=Jun 10 2009, 08:59 AM:name=Insane)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Insane @ Jun 10 2009, 08:59 AM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1711624"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->I believe he was talking about the comic strips of Jack Chick, rather than female comedians (crassly overgeneralised or otherwise).<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->
    <a href="http://www.chick.com/default.asp" target="_blank">correct sir</a>

and it was also a huge thread way back when on these forums, it turned into a monster photoshop thread that had many good laughs.
  • RobRob Unknown Enemy Join Date: 2002-01-24 Member: 25Members, NS1 Playtester
    I think the problem I have with this kinda of stuff is the assumption that if we just got rid of Christianity, all the lame-brain, stuck up sheep that are the focus of all this hatred will suddenly wake up and become acceptable instead of just blinding following something else.
  • puzlpuzl The Old Firm Join Date: 2003-02-26 Member: 14029Retired Developer, NS1 Playtester, Forum Moderators, Constellation
    One does not need to be a tailor to see that the emperor wears no clothes. Satire is important in and of itself, and the antidote to the opium of the masses is not Betty Bower's problem.