Haze mode: A method of handling cheaters.

FirewaterFirewater Balance Expert Join Date: 2002-12-12 Member: 10690Members, Constellation
<div class="IPBDescription">New look on dealing with cheaters.</div>Hey all,

I have been thinking about this for a while regarding the constant struggle that many multiplayer games have a problem with dealing. What is evident in most FPS and RTS games is that the cheat code creators can often times crack the code faster than patches can come out to fix them. I was also thinking briefly about the psychology of someone who is cheating, not so much an etiology of the cheater; as to me that is not very important, but more along the lines of the attraction of cheating to some players. Bottom line answer that I can come up with is that the cheater wants to ruin others people fun while playing. Ultimately the resource that cheaters crave is the attention that they receive when dissatisfied players complain and type insults to the cheating player. They basically enjoy the power of influence on other players mood that are just trying to enjoy the game.

Now the typical method of handling cheaters is to have an admin permanently remove him or her from the server. While this usually works often times the cheater gets satisfaction from the banning. I would propose an alternative to the typical kicking/banning of a player (though thats obviously still an option). What I would propose is Haze Mode.

Haze mode is simply a set of admin powers that can effectively ruin the cheaters fun whilst they are on the server. Several of the methods I would recommend are already included in most admin plugins (i.e. gag, slap, etc...), as well as some other methods that would be effective in minimizing the cheating, whilst giving the other players a good laugh or two while they are playing.

When using Haze mode, I would propose the following admin powers that could be used to reverse the effects that a cheater brings to a server.

1. 0 Damage mode
Pretty self-explanatory; the player who is being "hazed" cannot do any damage to either friendly or enemy players.

2. Mirror Damage
Mirror damage is when a player shoots another player (friend or foe) and the damage that is done returns to the hazed player. Effectively, everytime the hazed player attempts to shoot someone, the damage is returned to the hazed player.

3. Slow mode
Reducing the hazed players speed down to a point of admin's choosing.

4. Mute
Globally mute the player from the server

5. Teleport
Move the player around (debating this one).

The reason why I am recommending these features is because when a player would get hazed, everyone else would be able to laugh at the cheaters expense as opposed to the cheater laughing at everyone else in the server. Granted, it is probably a little childish, but then again so is cheating. I'm pretty sure that this idea will not be implemented, however I think it would be hilarious if it was. Again the whole point is to reverse the typical effects a cheater has for the majority of players.

Thoughts?

Comments

• spellman23spellman23 NS1 Theorycraft Expert Join Date: 2007-05-17 Member: 60920Members
    hm... interesting approach.

Of course, the first step to getting rid of cheaters is to have an active ,responsible admin on your server nearly 24/7.

One question I have is what to do in the case of full servers? These players, while they are screwed over gameplay wise, are still taking potentially precious slots. Perhaps the haze markers also tag them as a kind of anti-reserved slot. So, the moment you reach server cap, locate and remove a hazed player so that you can accept an actually serious player.
  • FirewaterFirewater Balance Expert Join Date: 2002-12-12 Member: 10690Members, Constellation
    <!--quoteo(post=1706078:date=May 2 2009, 01:21 PM:name=spellman23)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (spellman23 @ May 2 2009, 01:21 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1706078"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->hm... interesting approach.

Of course, the first step to getting rid of cheaters is to have an active ,responsible admin on your server nearly 24/7.

One question I have is what to do in the case of full servers? These players, while they are screwed over gameplay wise, are still taking potentially precious slots. Perhaps the haze markers also tag them as a kind of anti-reserved slot. So, the moment you reach server cap, locate and remove a hazed player so that you can accept an actually serious player.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

Wouldn't be a bad idea, any hazed player can be removed to make room for a player with a reserve slot. The haze list would work similar to a ban list. An admin can put a time limit or make it permanent.
  • BacillusBacillus Join Date: 2006-11-02 Member: 58241Members
    I've always thought it's more about having active admins capable of recognizing cheaters than anything else, but those features can't hurt that much either. The method has got a lot more potential than negative factors.
  • KungFuDiscoMonkeyKungFuDiscoMonkey Creator of ns_altair 日本福岡県 Join Date: 2003-03-15 Member: 14555Members, NS1 Playtester, Reinforced - Onos
    Sounds like something that would be better implemented as custom server admin scripts and not something distributed with the game.
  • locallyunscenelocallyunscene Feeder of Trolls Join Date: 2002-12-25 Member: 11528Members, Constellation
    Not sure I think that this is better than ban/kicking. If a cheater craves attention then not being a part of the server anymore guarantees no one will be paying attention to them. I feel like giving them "special treatment", even if it is negative, would still be a stimulus.

I could see something like the "stealth ban" on the SA forums working. If the "hazed" player is invisible, muted, has no clip through other players, and can do no damage/effects to other players then then that would be the ultimate subversion of their attempts to garner attention, no matter what hacks they are using.
  • FirewaterFirewater Balance Expert Join Date: 2002-12-12 Member: 10690Members, Constellation
    <!--quoteo(post=1706098:date=May 2 2009, 09:23 PM:name=locallyunscene)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (locallyunscene @ May 2 2009, 09:23 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1706098"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->Not sure I think that this is better than ban/kicking. If a cheater craves attention then not being a part of the server anymore guarantees no one will be paying attention to them. I feel like giving them "special treatment", even if it is negative, would still be a stimulus.

I could see something like the "stealth ban" on the SA forums working. If the "hazed" player is invisible, muted, has no clip through other players, and can do no damage/effects to other players then then that would be the ultimate subversion of their attempts to garner attention, no matter what hacks they are using.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

Again, I don't expect the developers to put this in the game. But its just a way to reverse the attention that they are seeking. I wouldn't expect a hazed player to last more than 10 seconds in a server, thats kind of the point. Its just meant for a quick laugh at the cheater's expense. While they would be getting special treatment, it take away the power/attention they want away from the cheater and replace it with undesriable attention based on the cheater's part.
  • CrispixCrispix Join Date: 2007-01-10 Member: 59543Members, Constellation, Reinforced - Supporter, Reinforced - Silver, Reinforced - Gold, Reinforced - Diamond, Reinforced - Shadow
    Personally, I can see this maybe as a server side thing, but it's too much of a waste of time for the developers. Neat idea, sorta sounds inspired by those CS flash movies people make about hackers and such lol.
  • CrispyCrispy Jaded GD Join Date: 2004-08-22 Member: 30793Members, Constellation
    The biggest issue with this set of powers is that you are giving a griefing tool to every admin of every NS server as standard. While these servers can be avoided, and while these mods can be added to any server, I don't think giving these powers to everyone who runs an NS server will result in a generally good impression of NS to newcomers. It's definitely not as big a problem as client griefers, who join GGs and ruin them, putting the onus on all other players to leave or put up with it in the adbsence of an admin, but I don't think it's an ideal solution because of how much I've seen similar server mods abused at their whim.

Now, generally I don't ever go back to those servers, but it's not a good impression to newcomers to the game to find an admin like this in the first server they join. When they ask: why does the game have these dumb admin spells, and the reply comes 'the game was designed to have them', I think the initial disbelief would drive many away from the game, or at least cause them to despise it a bit.
  • invader Ziminvader Zim Join Date: 2007-09-20 Member: 62376Members
    i suppose you could run a vote system if an admin was absent - whilst this is open to abuse i still think its a viable option. I like this idea, corperate sadism is fun. I think it would work best if the hazed player was unaware they were haze until they left the server and got a message. The reason being, they wouldnt necessarily realise they were getting special treatment, they would just get frustraited with not being able to kill. - things like reducing their damage payload, and dropping them permanently to the bottom of respawn ques. Or you copuld switch on friendly fire towards that player, or black out their screen.

As with all anti cheater systems they are really limited by the admins that administer them
  • PhlashPhlash Join Date: 2008-02-18 Member: 63674Members, Constellation
    This sounds like something that should be written as a custom Lua server script, not something for the developers to worry about. Their goal is to minimize cheating - we can make scripts to play around with cheaters if we want to.
    <!--quoteo(post=1706123:date=May 3 2009, 09:14 AM:name=Crispy)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Crispy @ May 3 2009, 09:14 AM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1706123"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->The biggest issue with this set of powers is that you are giving a griefing tool to every admin of every NS server as standard. While these servers can be avoided, and while these mods can be added to any server, I don't think giving these powers to everyone who runs an NS server will result in a generally good impression of NS to newcomers. It's definitely not as big a problem as client griefers, who join GGs and ruin them, putting the onus on all other players to leave or put up with it in the adbsence of an admin, but I don't think it's an ideal solution because of how much I've seen similar server mods abused at their whim.

Now, generally I don't ever go back to those servers, but it's not a good impression to newcomers to the game to find an admin like this in the first server they join. When they ask: why does the game have these dumb admin spells, and the reply comes 'the game was designed to have them', I think the initial disbelief would drive many away from the game, or at least cause them to despise it a bit.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

Server admins can already grief without the addition of a haze mode or its equivalent. Since NS is very community based, if an admin wants to power trip that is fine. But that particular admin will deal with the social reprocussions accordingly (i.e. word getting out and people not wanting to play on said server).

Basically its just a way to reverse the effects of cheating and to take away their power/influence. Again I stated that the devs will not put this in, but I think it would be a neat take on reducing cheating behaviors in the community.
  • CrispyCrispy Jaded GD Join Date: 2004-08-22 Member: 30793Members, Constellation
    edited May 2009
    <!--quoteo(post=1706245:date=May 5 2009, 12:52 AM:name=Firewater)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Firewater @ May 5 2009, 12:52 AM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1706245"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->Server admins can already grief without the addition of a haze mode or its equivalent. Since NS is very community based, if an admin wants to power trip that is fine. But that particular admin will deal with the social reprocussions accordingly (i.e. word getting out and people not wanting to play on said server).<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->Well, to draw a parallel, in some countries purchasing and bringing a gun to school is very easy, but that doesn't mean you have school shootings every day. However, if you put a gun in every school as mandate, the number of school shootings would surely rise, simply because of the sheer quantities of guns. Your counter-argument might be, 'but the people who run schools are generally responsible', but would you say server admins (remember anyone can create their own NS2 server) are more responsible than school leaders?

Guns aren't as fatal as an annoying brat gagging or slapping you just because you welded a door he didn't think should be welded, but in terms of the image of NS2, it would be a lot more prevalent and a lot more offputting if this was happening everywhere. True, you can always add a server to your Favourites once you establish it's good, but how many people actually do this? The other thing is you're putting the onus on the player to make up for your design faults.

Your assumption is that the inherent cheater/griefer protection would bring more positives to NS2 than it would bring negatives. I would say that the fundamental difference between a server were cheaters prevail and a server where cheaters are banned is not the program being used, but the admins themselves. Good servers will always have better admin coverage than poor servers. Whather the software being used is third-party or first-party doesn't change the result much.

Yet another reason why this would be a bad decision is it would distract from updates to the game (just like Combat distracted from updates to Classic). Would you prefer balance updates or would you prefer delayed balance updates because the admin tool is also being worked on?
    <!--quoteo(post=1706267:date=May 5 2009, 04:45 AM:name=Crispy)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Crispy @ May 5 2009, 04:45 AM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1706267"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->Well, to draw a parallel, in some countries purchasing and bringing a gun to school is very easy, but that doesn't mean you have school shootings every day. However, if you put a gun in every school as mandate, the number of school shootings would surely rise, simply because of the sheer quantities of guns. Your counter-argument might be, 'but the people who run schools are generally responsible', but would you say server admins (remember anyone can create their own NS2 server) are more responsible than school leaders?<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

In the schools I work with, they have armed police officers in the schools. These are some poorer school districts as well as wealthy ones. Haven't heard of any school shootings in NJ in recent times.

<!--quoteo--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE </div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->Guns aren't as fatal as an annoying brat gagging or slapping you just because you welded a door he didn't think should be welded, but in terms of the image of NS2, it would be a lot more prevalent and a lot more offputting if this was happening everywhere. True, you can always add a server to your Favourites once you establish it's good, but how many people actually do this? The other thing is you're putting the onus on the player to make up for your design faults.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

I mean again the plugins pretty much already exist, so it would just be taking those and making them more mainstream. I can't think of a server that didn't have an admin plugins. Its not the tools, its the people administrating the servers.

<!--quoteo--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE </div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->Your assumption is that the inherent cheater/griefer protection would bring more positives to NS2 than it would bring negatives. I would say that the fundamental difference between a server were cheaters prevail and a server where cheaters are banned is not the program being used, but the admins themselves. Good servers will always have better admin coverage than poor servers. Whather the software being used is third-party or first-party doesn't change the result much.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

Again its an alternative take on how to deal with cheaters that would be completely optional to use. I never stated that it would not require an active admin community to keep the server relatively cheat free.

<!--quoteo--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE </div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->Yet another reason why this would be a bad decision is it would distract from updates to the game (just like Combat distracted from updates to Classic). Would you prefer balance updates or would you prefer delayed balance updates because the admin tool is also being worked on?<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

Again if the developers were to implement this it would be a one shot deal; also you have no evidence that the developers would have to choose this feature over balance updates, that is poor argumentation.
    <!--quoteo(post=1706271:date=May 5 2009, 11:39 AM:name=Firewater)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Firewater @ May 5 2009, 11:39 AM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1706271"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->Again if the developers were to implement this it would be a one shot deal; also you have no evidence that the developers would have to choose this feature over balance updates, that is poor argumentation<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->So, you're saying your assumption is that A) this would not take up development time, and B) this would be perfect first time round.

I think A) is a fallacy by even the most generous standards.

B) is optimistic at best.

An addition like this would take up dev time, and therefore -assuming there is a finite amount of dev hours that can be put into the game as a whole, which is largely accepted to be the case- the balance would have less polish than if time weren't being spent on this. As an advocate of focus on balance, surely you would prefer to see the maximum time spent on balance instead of fiddling with first-party Admin support that can be supplemented by existing programs, or at least new programs modelled on existing programs that already do what you describe.
  • NarcilNarcil Join Date: 2005-02-16 Member: 41426Members
    edited May 2009
    The game has been designed with LUA or whatever it is(not a coder so i dont understand) but from what i hear it will be very easy to add custom code to the game.

Then all it would take is for unknownworlds to request features that they haven't had time to develop (such as a more complex anti-cheat menu as suggested in this thread). That way when the beta is released i'm sure heaps of the ns2 player base would work with that as a reference point and be willing to develop and contribute code to the final release of the game.
    <!--quoteo(post=1706304:date=May 5 2009, 06:09 PM:name=Crispy)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Crispy @ May 5 2009, 06:09 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1706304"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->So, you're saying your assumption is that A) this would not take up development time, and B) this would be perfect first time round.

I think A) is a fallacy by even the most generous standards.

B) is optimistic at best.

An addition like this would take up dev time, and therefore -assuming there is a finite amount of dev hours that can be put into the game as a whole, which is largely accepted to be the case- the balance would have less polish than if time weren't being spent on this. As an advocate of focus on balance, surely you would prefer to see the maximum time spent on balance instead of fiddling with first-party Admin support that can be supplemented by existing programs, or at least new programs modelled on existing programs that already do what you describe.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

My assumption is that the LUA scripting would not take up as much time as it normally would; If it did take up a significant amount of time I would expect it not to be implemented.

I don't understand why it solely has to be taken away from balance to program it. Some other things could be taken away and replaced with this. Why are you so harped on balance? They could get a community member to code this up in a heart beat thus costing the development team a minimal amount of time.

Poor argumentation again sir. Not buying it.
  • steppin'razorsteppin'razor Join Date: 2008-09-18 Member: 65033Members, Constellation
    Guys your arguments aren't getting anywhere. Anywho this type of thing exists on other games and is usually a server side mod which in my opinion is how it should stay. Griefing the griefers is an option I suppose, but lets leave it up to the server admins to decide if they want this type of method on their server.

Otherwise kick/ban
  • SewlekSewlek The programmer previously known as Schimmel Join Date: 2003-05-13 Member: 16247Members, NS2 Developer, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Gold, Subnautica Developer
    reversing the damage would be something that could work very well, the slowing done thing I see from a sceptical view:
    If someone manages it to introduce a speedhack, you would not be able to slow him down in any way.

but its an interesting idea, though it sounds like a custom admin mod or whatever.
  • paperjackpaperjack Join Date: 2009-02-14 Member: 66410Members
    edited May 2009
    Stupid suggestion. This kind of stuff is extremely easy to make as long there is mod support. I mean, even CS servers have admin mods.

Also, theorically, the only form of hacking possible would be speed hacking, and even then it wouldn't be much of a advantage.
    <!--quoteo(post=1706328:date=May 6 2009, 02:13 AM:name=Schimmel)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Schimmel @ May 6 2009, 02:13 AM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1706328"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->reversing the damage would be something that could work very well, the slowing done thing I see from a sceptical view:
    If someone manages it to introduce a speedhack, you would not be able to slow him down in any way.

but its an interesting idea, though it sounds like a custom admin mod or whatever.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->
    I agree that the Haze mode option would not be able to address speed hackers directly. However, if you put on mirror damage/no damage to that player, I wonder how long he or she would last? Maybe they would stick around anyway. In all likelihood the cheater would want to leave immediately.

Again, this is just a minor suggestion/addition to the current method of dealing with cheaters in the community.
  • BadMouthBadMouth It ceases to be exclusive when you can have a custom member titl Join Date: 2004-05-21 Member: 28815Members
    I would prefer kicking or banning cheaters. Preferably the latter. Leaving a cheater on a server is just taking up server slots. And besides, this would affect gameplay. Leaving a cheater in with HazeMode is basically turning him into a free res meatbag. He can't kill others and when he dies, he gives res to the opposing team. And he takes up the respawn queue. So best solution is to just kick him so as not to affect gameplay balance.
    edited May 2009
    <!--quoteo(post=1706308:date=May 5 2009, 11:57 PM:name=Firewater)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Firewater @ May 5 2009, 11:57 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1706308"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->My assumption is that the LUA scripting would not take up as much time as it normally would; If it did take up a significant amount of time I would expect it not to be implemented.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->It would still take time. It's not a question of how much time, it's a question of what that time is being spent on at the expense of core features.

<!--quoteo--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE </div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->I don't understand why it solely has to be taken away from balance to program it. Some other things could be taken away and replaced with this.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->Why would you want to deprioritise development time spent on the game in favour of an admin tool that already exists as a third-party addon? I'd prefer them to make a game first, then spend some time post-release on improving the game before they consider dedicating any time to a non-essential feature.

Why couldn't they get a community member to make this? Because they are making a retail game. Even if someone offered to make it for them for free, they would still need to test that it worked, which would be taking time away from testing core functionality.

BadMouth's point is the best argument I've seen against this idea.
    <!--quoteo(post=1706347:date=May 6 2009, 09:22 AM:name=BadMouth)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (BadMouth @ May 6 2009, 09:22 AM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1706347"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->I would prefer kicking or banning cheaters. Preferably the latter. Leaving a cheater on a server is just taking up server slots. And besides, this would affect gameplay. Leaving a cheater in with HazeMode is basically turning him into a free res meatbag. He can't kill others and when he dies, he gives res to the opposing team. And he takes up the respawn queue. So best solution is to just kick him so as not to affect gameplay balance.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

If I have ever implied that kicking/banning was no longer an option, then I apologize. Haze mode would be used to reverse the frustration of the cheater back on to him or her. If it does not work, admin could kick and ban as usual. The point is to leave further a bad taste in the cheaters mouth because often times (at least by reading the myg0t forums) they take pride in getting kicked and/or banned.

Again, this is just a way to reverse the frustration that cheaters want so desperately to create.
    So, this is an attempt at education? If you've ever tried to reason with a hacker or griefer, you'll realise that 90% of them are completely retarded and are venting inadequacies or sociopathic tendancies. These aren't people who are reaching out for help, they're people who are frustrated and lack any sense of meaningful opportunity or aptitude for social dominance IRL and who need to make up for it in virtual worlds.

I don't think you can give them therapy while they're still in the virtual setting, thats not what they came there for.
  • OpprobriousOpprobrious Join Date: 2008-11-17 Member: 65483Members
    Congratulations, you have come up with the worst suggestion on the unknownworlds' forum in the month of May.
    <!--quoteo(post=1706515:date=May 8 2009, 08:14 AM:name=Crispy)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Crispy @ May 8 2009, 08:14 AM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1706515"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->So, this is an attempt at education? If you've ever tried to reason with a hacker or griefer, you'll realise that 90% of them are completely retarded and are venting inadequacies or sociopathic tendancies. These aren't people who are reaching out for help, they're people who are frustrated and lack any sense of meaningful opportunity or aptitude for social dominance IRL and who need to make up for it in virtual worlds.

I don't think you can give them therapy while they're still in the virtual setting, thats not what they came there for.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->
    I don't know how you see this as attempt at education or some sort of therapeutic relationship.

Its just a goof to play on a cheater before he or she leaves or is banned. Any other inferences you draw are your own and not from any information that I have posted.
  • SentrySteveSentrySteve .txt Join Date: 2002-03-09 Member: 290Members, Constellation
    If NS2 will support VAC bans, or another type of global banning set to some unique CD key / steam account, then this isn't really needed. I'd rather see the cheater permanently banned rather than temporarily ###### with.
  • BadMouthBadMouth It ceases to be exclusive when you can have a custom member titl Join Date: 2004-05-21 Member: 28815Members
    I think most of us here are mature enough that we don't need to mess around with hackers and can just ban them straight. I just see this idea as redundant and seemingly on the same maturity level as messing with other people, as hackers do.
  • TinCanTinCan Join Date: 2006-12-11 Member: 59010Members
    I support the idea of global banning 'set' to some unique CD key but I pray the developers do not spend much time on that now so they can focus on the game play itself. While the ideas presented sound entertaining I think it would only distract the rest of the players from the game and that is not good in my opinion. I am guessing server operators and admins will have no trouble creating their own code to help deal with trouble makers.
    Eh clearly I took a shot and missed at this one. It happens.

General Consensus is that this idea would be inappropriate (overall at the most, developer created at the least) and that if server admins want to add said feature they would have easy access to do it themselves.