Steam / Offline / Change user account

IkarosIkaros Join Date: 2009-03-02 Member: 66606Members
THE PROBLEM
I have two steam accounts. One of the steam accounts is for HL1/NS, the other is for HL2/CSS. And last time I was online with my desktop computer I was using my HL2 steam account. I tried to switch Steam accounts from HL2 to HL1, and run NS (to check my map), it said that the user information was not there anymore. So I cannot run NS anymore.

THE OBSTACLE
I do not have a solid cable or dsl connection anymore. And I can only be online using my laptop and the WLAN, its a ###### internet that jumps on and off all the time, unstabil, etc. The WLAN has to go through brick walls that's why its so unstabil and slow. So I cannot download a large Steam install + updates, or HL1 on this connection, it is impossible. And my desktop computer cannot have access to the WLAN (beause there is a MAC address security issue), so I have to use my laptop. My laptop is the only computer in the house with internet access as of now.

Is there a way I can run NS without having to go online?

Is it possible to install HL1 from CD and move the NS folder?

<b>IS IT possible to install a small Steam thingy on my laptop, log on to my Steam account there, then COPY&PASTE the Steam account information from my laptop to my desktop?</b>

Note: I could make a bridge connection between my laptop and desktop to give my desktop access to the internet, but because Windows automatically make a new MAC address when a bridge is established, this bridge connection will not work. So if I want to move information from my laptop to my dekstop, or vice versa, I have to do it offline through regular LAN.