Idea For A Map

SighSigh Join Date: 2002-11-12 Member: 8311Members
I don't know if you even want this type of setting, but what about a jungle type setting. With walls of vines so you can still keep the moving around to a minimum. And obstacles could be logs, trees, rivers, or even just vines to walk through or block vision.

I know it hasn't been out long but the same settings was just getting alittle old to see, not that I can't live with them but I'm just hoping something new will peer around the corner in the future.

Comments

• BiTMAPBiTMAP Join Date: 2002-11-08 Member: 7685Members
    this would work if it was inside a ship, showing prolong life of the organic aliens... If would have to be EXTREAMLY well done though.

see the deal with outdoor maps is flow, it goes everywere (or it should and if it doesn't it ends up looking like **obscenity**!) and NS maps have 4 surfaces (well basicly) to flow apon, roof's floors walls and Arcitecture (Sp?). The aliens can roam apon the pillers, walls roof's and floors while the humans are confined to the floor, In a forest map you only have floor walls and sometimes some arcitecture. So stop asking for outdoor maps!
  • wiredwired Join Date: 2002-11-10 Member: 7994Members
    yes
    indoor maps are well built specially for NS's gameplay. With a lot of low-2-high ceilings and pillars, they can prevent skulks from hiding high up. If you get what I mean. Outdoor maps will be fine, but make sure it doesn't affect the gameplay. And from what I know, skulks can climb up invisible brushes.
  • SighSigh Join Date: 2002-11-12 Member: 8311Members
    I see your reasoning Bitmap but they can always have canapy (sp?) as a roof. It think it could work if they put some thought in to it, not that they haven't put thought into the mod already.
  • scitzo85zscitzo85z Join Date: 2002-11-09 Member: 7917Members
    maybe even an indoor map with a few large rooms with high ceilings, so the lerk may actually get to use its wings once in a while....
  • BiTMAPBiTMAP Join Date: 2002-11-08 Member: 7685Members
    uhh tabris is making an <a href='http://www.unknownworlds.com/forums/index.php?act=ST&f=4&t=10569' target='_blank'>indoor biodome map</a> That will prolly have large rooms of that nature, I suggets you speak these ideas in the presence of his thread.