xmenu bugged on my PC

Browser_ICEBrowser_ICE Join Date: 2002-11-04 Member: 6944Members
edited January 2009 in Tech Support
<div class="IPBDescription">since 2 weeks ago on any servers</div>is there a way to somehow re-install or re-initialize the /xmenu & /buildmenu on my side ? For the past 2 weeks, its been acting buggy no matter which server I connect to.

The symptoms:
- menu appears but I cannot make any selection
- causes the menu to only disapear if I evolve or F4
- cause all my weapon selection keys to be de-activated
- it is as if the keys 0-9 are disabled when this happens
- it does not always happen but does for about 70% of the times
- the build menu is ok

SO both menus are giving me problems.

Comments

• DepotDepot The ModFather Join Date: 2002-11-09 Member: 7956Members
    Sounds like your config.cfg is borked mate.
  • Browser_ICEBrowser_ICE Join Date: 2002-11-04 Member: 6944Members
    <!--quoteo(post=1699238:date=Feb 2 2009, 04:10 PM:name=Kouji_San)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Kouji_San @ Feb 2 2009, 04:10 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1699238"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->Exactly. AVG is now on version 8, they are no longer supporting versions below that.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

I tried looking at the CFG file and change whatever I thought might be related.
    ==> had no effect on the problem

I completly removed NS + Steam and re-install both after a reboot

Then on a game, someone asked me to display what my numberic keys were binded and it turned out they were not binded to the right thing (meaning bind 1 slot1, bind 2 slot2, ... ). I re-did the binds and it worked !!

But a few days later, I had the same problem again. I re-did the bind for that key (which was the '9 recycle' option from the buildmenu) and it came back. After this, I started thinking, I think the problem always starts when I access that same buildmenu option 9. It overrides all my numeric keys bindings. It did not used to this before.

So I assume that somehow, there was an update done on the buildmenu which causes a re-write of those keys.

Anyone aware of this ?
  • freebirdpatfreebirdpat Join Date: 2004-04-10 Member: 27826Members, Constellation, Reinforced - Shadow
    <!--quoteo(post=1699292:date=Feb 3 2009, 12:15 AM:name=Browser_ICE)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Browser_ICE @ Feb 3 2009, 12:15 AM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1699292"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->I tried looking at the CFG file and change whatever I thought might be related.

I completly removed NS + Steam and re-install both after a reboot
    Then on a game, someone asked me to display what my numberic keys were binded and it turned out they were not binded to the right thing (meaning bind 1 slot1, bind 2 slot2, ... ). I re-did the binds and it worked !!

But a few days later, I had the same problem again. I re-did the bind for that key (which was the '9 recycle' option from the buildmenu) and it came back. After this, I started thinking, I think the problem always starts when I access that same buildmenu option 9. It overrides all my numeric keys bindings. It did not used to this before.

So I assume that somehow, there was an update done on the buildmenu which causes a re-write of those keys.

Anyone aware of this ?<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->
    Make a .CFG that works then make it read-only.... then no game or admin can change it.
  • TinCanTinCan Join Date: 2006-12-11 Member: 59010Members
    <!--coloro:#FF8C00--><span style="color:#FF8C00"><!--/coloro-->So I assume that somehow, there was an update done on the buildmenu which causes a re-write of those keys.
    <!--colorc--></span><!--/colorc-->I doubt the plugin has anything to do with it.
    <!--coloro:#FF8C00--><span style="color:#FF8C00"><!--/coloro-->
    Make a .CFG that works then make it read-only.... then no game or admin can change it.<!--colorc--></span><!--/colorc-->
    It is pretty much impossible for NS or an admin to change a file on the client's machine but its a good idea since you can always exec the config file you made to get everything back to normal.

<b>

Attn Server Admins: Changing binds on a client is not cool in my opinion.</b>
  • That_Annoying_KidThat_Annoying_Kid Sire of Titles Join Date: 2003-03-01 Member: 14175Members, Constellation
    I set my config to read only some server admins like to bind / rebind to punish

hell I even saw one server with a plugin (amx_abuse) that did nasty mean things to lamers / hackers

tin can is right though...