Keep getting disconnected been three days now.....

AgentXAgentX Join Date: 2003-05-17 Member: 16420Members
<div class="IPBDescription">Error verifying STEAM User ID TIcket</div>1 « Message by you on Tues, 16th Dec 2008 3:24 pm »
I log in and play for a short time and get this message "You have been disconnected from the server. Reason: Error verifying STEAM User ID TIcket (server was unable to contact the authentication server)" I have now gotten this message constantly for two days straight. I did the quick fix you show to delete a couple of files and rename another then reboot game and update and it had no affect on game. HELP
2 « Message by you on Thu, 18th Dec 2008 5:19 pm »
It seems today that everyone on three different NS servers I played at were having same issues. They kept asking me why they were getting kicked out of game too. I was glad to know it was NOT my own client as I first suspected. This situation needs to be addressed before it affects every single NS player as a whole. I know a few servers full of players that were not happy. When I was in Telephone repair biz years ago, if someone called and reported a problem to me it meant that 25 people notice issue and didnt bother reporting it. Well I may be the that single person reporting it. I look forward to hearing from you about what the resolution may be. Thanks

I have also posted this with www.steampowered.com at <a href="https://support.steampowered.com/view.php?ticketref=6802-YUPB-0183" target="_blank">https://support.steampowered.com/view.php?t...=6802-YUPB-0183</a>

Comments

• juicejuice Join Date: 2003-01-28 Member: 12886Members, Constellation
    This happens with every steam game. For me all I've been playing is Left4Dead and it does it at least once a day, lately. I agree, very annoying.
  • AgentXAgentX Join Date: 2003-05-17 Member: 16420Members
    edited December 2008
    OK this is day THREE and problem still not solved. I called my sons 3 of them who also play NS, they said some glitch is occuring in NS. Not fixed yet. If you wish to dose yourself with it to see what is going on go into Jigglypuffs servers, or Marine Trainers 1 or 2 and play till you get punted and read punt message. Perhaps Steam is not the best client for launching the game. If they cant keep a game going maybe NS should go back to the regular client.

This is not just a once a day thing for me, I get punted go back into game , go back into a server, and in a few minutes BAM I get punted again and again over and over. I did this yesterday for over an hour just to try to get a game in four of us took turns trying to accomplish tasks in map while all of us got punted.
  • FooKerFooKer Join Date: 2003-07-31 Member: 18622Members, NS1 Playtester, Constellation
    Unfortunately NS is a mod for Half-Life and is unable to be played without STEAM (the old WON servers are all but gone). From how things are looking with NS2, you might be able to play it as a stand alone without the need of a launcher.
  • TinCanTinCan Join Date: 2006-12-11 Member: 59010Members
    <!--quoteo(post=1696370:date=Dec 19 2008, 05:31 PM:name=AgentX)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(AgentX @ Dec 19 2008, 05:31 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1696370"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->... I called my sons 3 of them who also play NS, they said some glitch is occuring in NS.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->
    The Error verifying STEAM User ID TIcket is all the fault of the crappy software delivery system known as Steam. I find that quitting and restarting steam usually fixes it for a spell.