I desperately need a keyboard

CommunistWithAGunCommunistWithAGun Local Propaganda Guy Join Date: 2003-04-30 Member: 15953Members
<div class="IPBDescription">halp pl0x</div>Okay, to make a really, stupid and long story, very short. I have no keyboard. I also, am totally broke for at least the next week. Now, If anyone knows of a place that either, gives away crappy keyboards (I don't care about quality, just as long as it functions like a standard keyboard) Or knows of a place that sells them for about a dollar, or perhaps an online retailer that sells really cheapo keyboards with either no, or very cheap shipping, I'd really appreciate it, typing with the on screen keyboard really blows. thanks.

Comments

• douchebagatrondouchebagatron Custom member title Join Date: 2003-12-20 Member: 24581Members, Constellation, Reinforced - Shadow
    www.newegg.com has keyboards starting at 3.99, or you could go to electronics warehouse sales, they are usually pretty easy to find. my university also has a sale every week of all the extra stuff they need to get rid of, and there are boxes of keyboards, even wireless ones, for 75 cents each.
  • ScytheScythe Join Date: 2002-01-25 Member: 46NS1 Playtester, Forum Moderators, Constellation, Reinforced - Silver
    I can recommend the keyboards that dell give away with their servers. I use one at work and at home and they're a fine bit of kit.

As for how you'd go about getting one? I've no idea.

--Scythe--
  • TychoCelchuuuTychoCelchuuu Anememone Join Date: 2002-03-23 Member: 345Members
    Large corporations or things funded by the government that just got to buy new computers (which come with keyboards) often chuck the old ones. Where to get them is of course only something that you cuold find out in person, but that's where I get keyboards when I can. Businesses moving/expanding, etc.
  • ZaggyZaggy NullPointerException The Netherlands Join Date: 2003-12-10 Member: 24214Forum Moderators, NS2 Playtester, Reinforced - Onos, Subnautica Playtester
    <a href="http://www.amazon.com/Logitech-967568-0403-X-Flat-Resistant-Keyboard/dp/B000I4UQZM" target="_blank">http://www.amazon.com/Logitech-967568-0403...d/dp/B000I4UQZM</a>

Yes it's 20 bucks, but its flat, spill resistant (har) and has a notebook touch(ish)
    Oh wait, you're broke? baw
  • SkulkBaitSkulkBait Join Date: 2003-02-11 Member: 13423Members
    Try Goodwill or other thrift stores, they usually have some. If you're really lucky you can find an IBM Model-M, aka the best keyboard known to man.