GlobalFastDL is recruiting

xidexide Join Date: 2008-11-01 Member: 65352Members
<!--quoteo--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE</div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->Hello there.
I am the owner of the GlobalFastDL project. The aim is to provide high speed fastdl to the half life community.

I am currently looking for trustworthy people from various mods for half life 1 and 2, who will be willing to upload content to the GlobalFastDL site. If you are interested, and would like more information, please drop me an email at xide@globalfastdl.co.uk

And a side note. I will be getting donations up soon, so when the project hits various mods, people will donate, and there may be rewards for the content providers.

Many thanks,
Xide.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

I apologuise if this has violated any forum rules, but I checked the rules prior to making this post, and didnt find anything.

Currently NS is supported by the project, but has limited content.

For more information on what a FastDL is, I have written the following FAQ, which will be put on the site, as soon as DfKimera has some free time to modify my site.

<!--quoteo--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE</div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->What is a fast download?
A fast download, also known as a FastDL is a way that players can download content from a game server at high speeds through a web server. Usually a client would download the required content directly from the server (know as a trickle download), but when you have set the necessary cvars in your server.cfg, clients are forced to download from the web server.

Why is this project free?
The idea of the project is to get high speed downloads to the half life 1 and 2 communities. The site does indeed cost a lot of money, but the project is only free for a short period of time, unless I receive enough donations in the next 6 months to keep the service free.

How can I use the fast download?
As a server hoster/owner, all you need to do is go to the homepage of this site, and select the desired game in the drop down box, click go, and the required cvars are displayed. All you now need to do is copy the 2 cvars into your server.cfg.

How can I get my custom content uploaded?
All you need to do it click the <insert tab name here>. There you will find a list of games, followed by names and an email address. If you send an email to one of the corresponding email addresses, requesting specific content to be uploaded, then it will be done ASAP.

I have custom content I dont want anyone else to use, what can I do?
We offer a private fast download service aswell. Current costs are $2.50 USD for 1gb of space, and a custom sub domain (.globalfastdl.co.uk). Extra memory can be purchased for $0.50 USD per 512mb. For more information, please contact xide@globalfastdl.co.uk<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->