Imhotep's Pack

ImhotepImhotep Join Date: 2008-09-01 Member: 64950Members Posts: 6
edited November 2008 in NS Customization
Hi!

My first version of my pack is out now.

Well, what this pack does? -> I'm just copying and pasting some lines of my actual readme:

"This pack makes your game like beeing IN the movies called "Aliens" (well, at least a little smile-fix.gif ). E.g. the fade looks like an alien of the above mentioned movie (or if u want the fade could look like a predator ^^). Many sounds are changed. Especially the khaara sounds which are based on the "Aliens" movies with Sigourney Weaver. The gestating-egg changed now to a real alien-egg. Hive skin changed to alien-queen. Many other skins for the marines and buildings etc. etc. etc... have a look at the complete changelog and/or screenshots.

Nearly 70 new skins, more then 330 new sounds, 30 redesigned sprites etc. are included."

(I have to say that I didnt make any of these skins / sprites. I just downloaded many other skins, sound-packs, sprite-packs, crosshairs etc. I was searching on many sites, downloaded a few other packs, and now I'm collecting / picking the best skins and pack them into my pack smile-fix.gif. Aaaaand, many sounds are from other games e.g. CoD4, Penumbra, Dungeon Lords.. I picked 'em out and now NS is sounding a bit better!

File Info:

Version: 1.0
Size (unpacked): 113 MB
Total amount of files: 642 files
Screenshots and more

Download:
Here

Cya and have fun...
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• MaxunitMaxunit Join Date: 2005-02-01 Member: 39414Members, Reinforced - Shadow Posts: 224 Fully active user
    I 2nd that @ Background (Means 2nd one looks better).

Really nice idea you are working on, would love to see previews smile-fix.gif

Most of the custom ns models went poof after NSArmslab went down and online again with a completly different website and DB. Hope to see some new stuff ASAP smile-fix.gif
    I like to be in the darkness and to be unseen...
  • ImhotepImhotep Join Date: 2008-09-01 Member: 64950Members Posts: 6
    edited September 2008
    y the second one looks more...uhm...professional ^^

Today or tomorrow I upload some screens (and perhaps an ingame-video). Well, actually I can't promise that the skins are really new. Don't know what u've downloaded before, but I took my stuff from these sites:
    http://www.unknownworlds.com/ns/forums/ind...showtopic=97626

Except some files (which Steam was automatically downloading when entering a server). Many sounds should be new, because I took them from games like (CoD 4, CS Condition Zero ^^, Dungeon Lords, Penumbra....)
    edited September 2008
    no one got a skin for greade or ammo-pack? smile-fix.gif
  • NecrosisNecrosis The Loquacious Sage Join Date: 2003-08-03 Member: 18828Members, Constellation Posts: 3,203
    Hi folks,

I'm 100% certain Brys still has the biggest and most comprehensive "ALIENS" themed pack - I know because I made it.

NSArmslab got the cast-off rejects that had not been optimised for later versions of NS. This is because they charged for content and many of us disagree with that - they certainly never got to host my pack.

Links in my sig should still work. There is an EXCELLENT soundpack made by Marr, here that also has links to L0tus' sprite pack. The current version of my model pack is V5 or Version FIVE. I would use it before any other.

I would really suggest people download those other packs, which are a big enough download, rather than try and secure permission from EVERYONE all over again. It'll also save you a lot of time and hassle involved in trying to build a better mousetrap.

To reiterate - you should avoid releasing a compilation pack of other people's work and instead focus on your own, novel, efforts.

Good luck with your future HL/NS modding! biggrin-fix.gif
    Hi... I'm back, and I fixed and tested almost all sounds (wasn't even able to test every soundfile, but I think they all are working now)... Well, then I'm starting with BetaTest #2!
  • CroweCrowe Join Date: 2003-11-29 Member: 23711Members Posts: 31
    Are there going to be colonial marines, pulse rifles, etc in this pack? Just curious.
    edited October 2008
    QUOTE(Crowe @ Oct 7 2008, 05:38 AM) »
    Are there going to be colonial marines, pulse rifles, etc in this pack? Just curious.

hmm, nah they aren't in my pack yet (but I can add them additionally with sounds). But I'm not sure if a skin of the colonial marines is anywhere out there. (I think I never saw a skin like that) -> but what I already found: AvP Pistol, Pulse Rifle, Shotgun and Smart Rifle Skin.

Edit: I found a skin for normal marine (colonial marine skin smile-fix.gif )
    Post edited by Unknown User on
    Finished with beta-test #2! Let's start with the final beta-test smile-fix.gif