Marine Ff Vs. Buildings & Self

SmellslikefecesSmellslikefeces Join Date: 2002-11-11 Member: 8194Members
edited November 2002 in NS General Discussion
<div class="IPBDescription">Marine FF vs. Buildings & Self</div> Ok I understand that you don't want to have FF on cuz people are idiots. However if a guy is shooting a Grenade Launcher in his own base around himself to kill the wave of attacking aliens it should hurt him and the equipment around him. We just couldn't take this guy down. He would lay a wall of nades in front of him and blow us all up as his teammates built turrets and such. It got impossible. Then they started attacking us and we couldn't do anything. We tried flanking him but he did the same thing. I'm requesting a FF option in the Advanced Options menu so we couldn turn it on if we wanted. Mind you ONLY versus themselves and structures and the same goes for aliens. It would really help balance out the game. Oh and get rid of the siege turret.

Comments

• 0see30see3 Join Date: 2002-11-02 Member: 4388Members
    I think against friendly structures, it's bad. Most alien weapons are melee, and those have proven to NOT deal friendly structures, which creates a balance problem. This is also a huge problem with ragers, and I think there should be something to allow NO friendly fire, but self damage on. This means, no hurting your own structures, and no hurting teammates, but a nade you shoot at your feet WILL kill you.

This would stop ragers, as they'd need commander position just to detsory buildings, and with a few settings, you can have it so commanders need a hell of a lot of votes to be kicked out.
  • SmellslikefecesSmellslikefeces Join Date: 2002-11-11 Member: 8194Members
    edited November 2002
    Well how bout a script that will hurt/kill people who attack their own equipment. Like the scripts in CS for FF. If I shoot you I get hurt/slapped. Also if they attack the command module more than once they get kicked? Just my 2 cents.

Also it would stop the Onos charging thru their own ranks? Or the Fade who launches Bile Bombs in his own base?
  • VektuzVektuz Join Date: 2002-11-01 Member: 2396Members
    Yes, a script that slaps, then kicks, then bans, then permabans (depending on frequency and number of infringements) players who damage their own team / structures would work nicely if you want FF on. Other mods do have that kind of thing, and it has been shown to work... but thats not up to the mod... thats up to adminmod / etc...

Without such a script though, FF is really just a lamer-attractant.