NS2 Podcasts --> as news on other sites with traffic

the_x5the_x5 the Xzianthian Join Date: 2004-03-02 Member: 27041Members, Constellation
<div class="IPBDescription">they'd appreciate the regular updates; we'd get publicity</div><!--QuoteBegin-message I sent to PHL head of staff+--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(message I sent to PHL head of staff)</div><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteEBegin--><!--fonto:Courier New--><span style="font-family:Courier New"><!--/fonto-->These podcasts come out (mostly) every week on a regular basis, usually on a Friday or Thursday.

What PHL gains: weekly news of a fascinating insight into a small, new company that makes games

What UWE gains: expanded public awareness about NS2; new people finding out about Natural-Selection

Here is a link to the NS2 page: <a href="http://www.unknownworlds.com/ns2" target="_blank">http://www.unknownworlds.com/ns2</a>

Thank you for your time,

x5<!--fontc--></span><!--/fontc--><!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->
I know many people in this community that joined when PHL posted a news article on Natural-Selection v2.01 coming out. It might be prudent to use these podcasts to get public awareness about NS2 through the same channels that helped create the NS community.

I credit DrFuzzy for initializing this idea.

Comments

• HarimauHarimau Join Date: 2007-12-24 Member: 63250Members
    PHL = Planet Half-Life yeah?

Yeah, I found my way to various half-life mods through PHL, NS included.

I wonder if they'll take up on it though, since it's somewhat irrelevant to half-life 1/2, since it is a standalone game rather than a mod.
  • the_x5the_x5 the Xzianthian Join Date: 2004-03-02 Member: 27041Members, Constellation
    They have replied with a message that basically implied that there wasn't really a NS community given that I'm the only person who has sent them a message.

Very polite but they don't seem to think that:
    A. There is a NS community
    B. The NS community cares or is large enough to warrant much consideration

The did seems interested in releases of functioning source code, but as far as the podcasts themselves it seems there needed to me more support / interest in them.
  • HarimauHarimau Join Date: 2007-12-24 Member: 63250Members
    Currently, I'd say they're not far from the truth. I also think it's too early to build hype for the game with the average joe.